25

The rest of the morning seemed to drag. I was nervous about seeing Florna, more so because Kai would be with me and I wasn't sure how she would react with him there.

She never held back when we were alone. Full on bitch mode seemed to be her thing but I wondered whether her feelings towards me would have changed now that Dazna was back.

I wasn't expecting us to be the best of friends now, but I was optimistic about how our conversation would go.

"Please sit down."

Kai was sitting on the sofa, watching me as I paced up and down.

"Daisy? You're going to burn yourself out before we even leave. Light exercise Haldon said. At this rate, you'd have walked the equivalent of ten miles."

I stopped in my tracks. "Sorry, I'm just nervous." I muttered, slouching down beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll be with you." He spoke softly, kissing me gently on the top of my head.

"That's what I'm worried about." I muttered under my breath.

"Oh, really? And why is that?" He quipped, pulling me onto his lap so that I was straddling him.

I let out a groan as my forehead hit his chest.

"Because you're going to give her a brooding stare and she won't want to speak. Either that or you'll be an enraged lunatic that won't give her the chance to speak."

"You know me so well." I sat up to face him, a proud smile on display as he pushed out his chest to show off his masculinity.

I rolled my eyes playfully, tapping him on his shoulders. His hands gripped my hips tightly, pulling me close and he placed a lingering kiss on my lips.

"I'd like to speak with her alone if you wouldn't mind?"

"Let's not talk about her for now." He spoke softly in my ear before tracing hot, wet, kisses across my neck.

I moaned, feeling his member stiffen in his trousers beneath me. Tilting my head to the side, I gave him more access to my neck and tingles formed where his lips grazed my skin.

Feeling a dull ache forming between my legs, I slid my hands around the back of his neck, gently tugging at his hair.

He lifted his head, our lips meeting instantaneously as my body leaned into his.

Kai's hands gripped my ass, squeezing it gently, causing another moan to escape me.

Lifting me up, he turned us around and gently lay me down on the sofa. Our lips collided and my hands reached down to the bottom of his shirt, lifting it up until Kai pulled it over his head.

My hands trailed up and down his rock hard chest and he moaned softly into my mouth.

Just as his hands travelled south, his wristband buzzed and he stopped what he was doing, hovering above me while contemplating his next move.

His glistening eyes bore into mine but I knew that he needed to answer the call.

"Go on." I groaned.

He sighed, swiping his wrist.

"Yes?"

"Florna is refusing to see you." Kintel huffed.

Way to ruin the moment, I rolled my eyes, sliding up from beneath Kai, sitting on the sofa properly as he sat back.

"Fine." He replied, looking over at me.

"Florna doesn't want to see us."

Kintel interrupted after hearing Kai. "She doesn't want to see you, Kai. She will see Daisy."