27

Stepping inside the brightly lit room, a shiver ran down my spine.

I wasn't nervous and my eyes quickly found Felix. He was huddled in the corner of his cage, unmoving and facing away from me.

His blonde hair was wild, dull in colour and was visibly unclean.

Are you ok? Kai's voice entered my mind.

Looking over at him where he stood by Felix's cage, I gave him a simple nod.

When Kordin closed the door behind us, a cold breeze swept over me, causing me to wrap my arms tightly around myself.

The silence was deafening and I swallowed gently, my eyes fixated on Felix until Kai flung the cage door open.

I took in a sharp breath, watching as he made his way over to Felix. There was a stark contrast between the two males and I never noticed the sheer size of Kai until now.

"You have a visitor." Kai stated, giving Felix a tap with his foot.

I took a step closer to the cage, ten feet away from the man that tried to kill me, solid bars seperating us from one another and as he gingerly looked over his shoulder, our eyes met.

That irritating smirk that he wore appeared on his face and I stood strong, refusing to let him see any emotion from me.

When he sat up, he shuffled towards me, inch by inch until he was directly infront of me, two feet now between us and I felt nothing for him. No fear, no sorrow, not even joy that he was locked away.

I could feel Kai and Kordin's eyes burning into me, but I kept my attention firmly fixed on Felix.

"You say there's a human inside you?" My voice was cold.

"And here's me thinking you were.. well.. here for me."

"What is his name?"

"How do you do Felix? Are they treating you well? Come on, Daisy, don't you want to know what they've been doing to me all this time?"

He was being difficult but I ignored his attempt to redirect the conversation.

"How did you end up in this body?"

Felix rolled his eyes, sighing loudly. "Is this the only reason you came here?"

"Can you leave us, please?" I asked Kai and Kordin, without breaking eye contact with Felix.

No, Daisy. I'm sorry.

I heard Kordin shuffle his feet and exit the room but Kai stayed put.

Please, Kai. Lock the cage door, he can't hurt me if he's stuck in there.

He eventually locked the cage door and made his way out of the room and I was surprised at how easy it was for him to do it.

One wrong word from him and he dies. I'll be right outside the door.

Thank you.

"You have these aliens trained well." Felix scoffed, the moment we were alone.

My stoic expression gave nothing away as I inched closer to the bars.

"Start talking, or you'll die in here."

"I wouldn't count on it. All I have to do is bide my time. My kind will come for me."

"Oh? Didn't anybody tell you? You see, this time, those 'trained aliens' didn't leave anything to chance. Every single ship that was gathered in space while your attention was on me, was tailed. Can you guess what happened once I was rescued?" I smirked.