29

A few days had passed since Gemma and Hayley returned to Earth.

Haldon informed me that Hayley had taken the drugs to wipe the last few months of her memory, which I expected. Gemma, on the other hand, decided against it.

She changed her mind while the needle was in her arm, a second before Haldon would have administered it.

I laughed when he told me and it lifted my spirits tremendously.

Dazna managed to get them back home safely but when he paid us a visit when he returned from Earth, I was flabbergasted at what he had with him.

I screamed, causing Kai to rush to my aid but it wasn't through injury or danger, it was due to the gigantic bag of coffee that Dazna had brought back.

He held it infront of me like a dog with a bone and when he told me how Gemma had begged him to wait while she went and got it, before she even went home, made me sob at her kindness.

Ever since, I've been high on coffee, wizzing around like a mad woman while Kai and I helped everyone set up the stage, preparing for his parent's takeover.

The takeover was happening today, and even Florna was given permission to attend.

I assumed it was due to Kintel, refusing to attend unless she was allowed too.

I was a little apprehensive about the ceremony. It would be the first time that I would see the zaviour race, gathered to watch as Kai's parents become the head of the monarchy.

Apparently, I will have to be on stage too. It was custom for children and soulmates to join the monarchy whenever an event happens and with me being human, everyone wanted to see me. Lord help me.

"Daisy, we need to be ready in thirty minutes."kai called me from the bedroom.

I had been looking at myself in the mirror for around ten minutes, unsure if I was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

Kiara had assured me that it was fine but I felt so exposed and overdone in my dress.

It was a navy blue, floor length dress with full length sleeves and a thigh high slit.

My hair was down with soft curls, pinned back so it was out of my face and I was told that I had to wear a small tiara.

My make-up was minimal, a small amount of mascara and a dash of lipstick was all I wanted.

I felt like I was going to a ball. I wasn't used to wearing fancy frocks and looking nice. This was something that I'd have to get myself accustomed to.

"Daisy? Did you hear.."

I turned around to see Kai gaping at me.

"It's too much isn't it? I knew it was. Why did I listen to Kiara?" I whined.

"No, no. It's perfect.. You're perfect. Wow." He breathed.

I felt my cheeks glow. "It's just a dress."

"It isn't the dress that has my head in a spin. Your beauty did that on it's own."

I looked into his mesmerising eyes, lost for words. He was the most amazing man I had ever met and his innocent words knew how to render me speechless in seconds.

I loved how sweet he could be and all I could do was chuckle softly at him with a bashful smile.

"Are you ready to go my love? If we arrive early you can have a drink to help with your nerves."

"Yes, let's go." I spoke quickly. A drink was just what I needed.

Kai laughed, reaching out to take my hand. "Only one. We can't have you seeing double on stage now can we?"