55

After having something to eat, Kai and I spent some time with Granteon, Charlie and Dazna.

I didn't feel the need to be alone with Kai in his room, just being in his presence was all that mattered.

We were all lounging around in what I would call, a communal area. A small room with a few sofa type rectangles around the edges and a flight simulator in the corner.

"Will you miss being on Earth?" Charlie wondered.

"Not in the slightest." I truthfully stated, turning to face him.

"At all?"

He looked a little confused but I could understand why.

I shook my head. "No. The only thing that I'll truely miss is Emrys. Earth is just the place where I was born. I have no family left there, I was practically alone. Zandara on the other hand is full of people that I've grown to love and adore, it feels like home and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else."

"That's because there isn't anywhere else as awesome as Zandara." Dazna butted in with a grin.

"Have you been to many other planets?" I wondered.

"We've been to a few. Mainly the planets that are a part of the intergalactic alliance, but other than those, we are prohibited from venturing out unless we have a valid reason."

"Do you have a favourite planet?"

"Zandara." Everyone stated simultaneously, causing me to chuckle.

"Speaking of Zandara, we should be back home in a few hours." Granteon chimed.

I looked over at him with a wide smile, excitement bubbling within me.

After a while, the room slowly emptied and Kai and I were left alone. Although I was tired, I forced myself to stay awake for the remainder of the flight.

"Are we going straight home when we get back?" I wondered.

"Not straight away. You need to have a medical first but it won't take long, Haldon is expecting you."

"But I'm fine. I just want to go home and rest with you." I grinned.

Kai pulled me onto his lap so that I was straddling him, loosely wrapping his arms around my waist as mine wrapped around his neck.

"As tempting as that sounds, I won't risk your health. As soon as Haldon gives you the all clear we'll be out of there in a flash."

"Can't wait." I mumbled, pulling him towards me before capturing his lips with mine.

A groan from his throat made me giggle and I knew from the growing bulge beneath me that he couldn't wait either.

"I've missed you too." I teased, before climbing off of his lap.

Putting his feet up on the sofa, Kai turned his body sideways and lay down, resting his head on my lap.

I ran my hand through his hair and he looked up at me through tired eyes. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." I smiled.

"Have you ever thought about having children?" He spoke softly.

His question took me by surprise but it was something that I had thought about quite recently.

"I've thought about it, yes, have you?" I wondered.

"Since Kiara told me that she was pregnant, it has played on my mind." He breathed.

"Do you want to have children?"

"All I ever wanted was to be with you. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be possible and because of that, I didn't dare imagine a world where I had children of my own."