10

Kiara was back to her usual self now that we were confined to the walls of the bathroom.

"We should get filli and liven up this party."

I was washing my hands, looking up at her in the mirror.

"Filli? What's that?"

"You know.. filli. Like, when you drink and the room ends up spinning and you can't see straight."

"Ahh, we call that drunk on Earth. Or shit-faced, wankered, legless, hammered.. Take your pick."

"Oooh, legless, I like that one." Kiara chuckled to herself, repeating the word 'legless' a few times.

I thought about it for a moment, getting filli but I wasn't sure thst Kai would approve.

"I'd love nothing more but Kai told me to take it easy and not drink too much."

Kiara grunted. "Come on, Daisy, have some fun with me. Kai is your soulmate, it doesn't give him the right to tell you what to do." She pouted, fluttering her long lashes.

I rolled my eyes, on the verge of giving in. I suppose I could let my hair down a little bit after the torturous time I've endured over the last few months.

"Ok, fine. But I'm not having too much, I don't want to make a fool of myself."

"Let's go and fetch us a couple of drinks then shall we?"

Kiara was giddy, a toothy smile on show as she clapped her hands together but as soon as we were back in the company of everyone else, she switched back to her mellowed self.

"The oldies won't be here for long, that's when we can stop putting on a la-de-daa show."

I chuckled at her choice of words, taking a drink from her. Kiara filled another cup for herself and drank half of it straight away.

"Here goes nothing." I muttered, taking a large mouthful of my drink and gulping it down.

After less than a minute, I felt the effects of drinking more than a sip at a time.

"Kiara, is your head fuzzy like mine? I only had a mouthful, this stuff is hardcore."

She chuckled, a little to loud before covering her mouth with her hand.

"No, not yet. Take less than a mouthful next time, I don't think you can handle as much as us zaviours."

"Aye, aye, captain."

I winked at Kiara before her wide grin disappeared. A set of hands rested on my shoulders and my body tingled in response.

"Hi, Kai." I smiled, taking another sip of my drink before turning around.

I looked up at him, taking in a deep breath when I caught his scent. He looked annoyed, his brow creased as he stared down at me.

"What's wrong?"

He took my cup from my hand and placed it down on a table beside us.

"It seems my sister is a bad influence."

I turned to face Kiara and we both snorted, failing to keep a straight face.

"I didn't think she would get filli on half a cup. She's just so.. little."
Again, the laughter started and I reached for my cup on the table but Kai took it first, drinking what was left so that I couldn't.

I stared at Kiara, wide eyed with pursed lips. "He stole my drink." I mouthed.

"I know." She mouthed back at me.