18

It had been a few days since the house warming and Kai and I were settling in well, although I still hadn't figured out a sleep routine yet.

I went to bed at the same time as Kai but slept in for a few hours more than him. I'd been trying to stay awake inbetween but it was tough and taking it's toll on my body.

Kiara called me this morning, asking if I was still going on a hike. Kai was going but I felt exhausted, drained from such long days and I struggled to get out of bed.

I really wanted to go but I had to let her down. She understood but made me swear to join her on the next one.

"Go and enjoy yourself. Don't worry about me, I'll probably just stay in bed so there's no point in you not going."

Kai was reluctant to leave me but there was no need for him to cancel on my account.

"Are you sure? What if you need me? What if you can't reach a bowl and decide to stand on a chair and fall off it and get hurt."

I laughed, lazily at his wild imagination.

"I promise not to stand on a chair. Just go already, I'll be fine."

"Call me if you need me because we'll be too far apart for our mind link to work."

"I love you."

"I love you." Kai lent over me a placed a lingering kiss on my lips. Tingles erupted and my stomach fluttered.

Did I really want him to go?

"I'll be back in a few hours." He groaned, feeling the tingles too.

"Have fun and tell Kiara I'm sorry."

He nodded, resting his head on mine before standing up.

I watched as he walked out of the bedroom and just as he closed the door behind him, he shot me a wink with a smile.

I chuckled, turning over and closing my eyes, quickly drifting off to sleep with Kai on my mind.

When I woke up, I felt much better. I checked the time to see how long I'd slept. Five hours. With any luck, I'd have Kai back home soon.

Feeling hungry, I swiftly freshened up and put on a pair of navy sweatpants and a matching hoodie.

The weather was becoming cooler and I was sure that the summer months would be ending soon.

In the kitchen, I made myself some jam on toast, well, the closest to it as I could and I gobbled it down in no time.

My wristband rang as I was cleaning up my mess and my stomach flipped when I answered to a distressed Kai.

"Daisy, I need you to get in a shuttle and go to Kintel's house right now." His voice was panicked and I instantly felt nauseous.

"What, why? What's happened?" I felt my pulse quicken.

"There's been a mass gathering of gladarian ships. I'm worried they're planning something and I need you somewhere safe and not alone. Go now, stop what you're doing and go. I'll call ahead and let him know you're on your way."

Kintel and Florna lived closer to us than everyone else, so it made sense for me to go there. Kiara and Klaus were out with Kai and his parents lived about an hour away.

"Ok, ok, I'm going. Where are you?"

My body was shaking, my legs moving as fast as they could as I flew out of the front door.

"Im an hour away. Granteon just called, he wants to prepare our ships in the event of an attack so I might have to take my crew into battle."

"I'll come with you."