Chapter 8

Today is Saturday. Today is supposedly a good day because, one; I am finally going shopping an two; Mum had agreed to go out with Mr Roundy today with her own free will.

I woke up fairly early, ten o'clock to be exact. I felt strong and ready as I got up and made my bed with a smile on my face the entire time. I then stretched and yawned (ignoring the bad morning breath) then walked over to my window and opened it wide and clear so that the expectant bright light from outside the window could seep through. Instead, I was greeted with the harsh weather of England's spring season. It was wet outside. The pavements were soaked and gentle showers of rain fell down to the ground silently.

I sighed.

I knew that train in Britain always brought with it the cold and wind. So today I was to be wrapped up to the fullest. I left the curtains open and continued my was to see if mum was awake. I knocked on her bedroom door, hearing a sleepy grunt, I proceeded and went to open the door. On the bed, mum was wrapped up in the bed sheets like a sausage in a hotdog. I slightly giggled at this and went to the side of her bed. I sat down next to her and shoot her softly. Her closed lids squinted and a frown formed between her brows. Her open mouth closed and then opened again as she yawned.

"Wake up" I said in a sing Song voice, dragging the word 'wake' and the 'u' in the 'up'

Mums eyes slowly softened. And slowly, she woke up.

"Good morning" she spoke, her croaky raspy voice making me cringe slightly.

"Good morning mum!" I replied cheerfully "did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby" she muttered. We both laughed and I shook my head as I watched her sit up on her bed.

"Big day today" I slightly nudged her leg that was invisible to me under her covers. Realising that she couldn't feel my touch on her leg anyway, I forced on a smile that didn't reach my eyes. Mum ignored this as she smiled back cheekily as if she didn't know what I was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Mum asked with a shrug.

"Don't I've me that 'what do you mean line' be cause we both know how excited you are for today" I smirked.

Mum seemed dazed. She looked at me with a look of recognition, as if she had finally realised or as if she was finding it hard to believe that i am a grown woman now.

"I'm not excited! We're just spending some time together as adults...that's all" mum denied strongly.

"Mmm" I raised my bore up and down "if you say so" I spoke with a smirk.

It was all going so well because I knew I was wining, and then it had to be ruined by my Fat frigging stomach that growled like a beast of the night, causing me to break from my 'interrogation act' to an embarrassed me.

Mum laughed at this and leaned over to push me slightly

" Stop talking nonsense child and go and eat" mum ordered

"Go before you starve"

I laughed and got up from the bed "alright, but you have to eat too. I'm making breakfast for two, i'll wait for you so we can-"

"No no, don't worry about me. You eat first" mum nodded.

""Nope, I'm not touching my food, not until you're down and eating aswell" I said before running down the stairs, well It was more of a bounce that a run. When I finally reached down the stairs, I called up to mum who I wasn't sure what she was up to.

"Don't be long!" I called "I'm hungry" I mumbled the second bit to myself.

Swerving myself so that I was in my medium, very clean and homey kitchen. I walked up to my small fridge and finally acknowledged the fact that I needed to do some food shopping. But for now, there was some bacon, sausages and eggs for breakfast. My inner 'Jamie Oliver' started kicking in. And to make it even better, I danced my way to the siting room, humming the song that I heard yesterday morning by some chick called lana del rey...I think. I turned on the TV then went straight to the music channel, which is strange for me to do, but a lot of my decisions have suddenly changed ever since mum spoke yesterday and i felt 'Great'. There is one decisions though, I'm having trouble solving it. Yesterday, mum told me that Mr bus ticket man had spoke to her on the phone. The fact that mum picked up the phone is surprising. And it makes me wonder as to what extent Mr bus ticket man when to, to get mum to pick up the phone. And then mum said that he spoke to her...about me, and whatever he said, whatever advise or challenge that he gave her, helped her to come out of her shell, and I am grateful, so grateful that I'm thinking about his, well...