Chapter 19

I said yes. I think to myself, why did I do such a thing? would this mean that he see me as an easy woman now that I've fallen in his trap? And even though, why is it that I feel so good as if I've achieved something worth feeling good about. My mind feels fuzzy like I'm in a dream and I definitely do not want to wake up. It's like I'm in denial for the fact that I'm beginning  to like Darlton who has basically changed my life completely. I thank him for letting me have an opportunity of a lifetime and the chance to meet new people yet, I feel like I am not in the right place, like I don't belong next to this man. The breeze blew in my hair through the open window, I shut my eyes and breathed in the fresh Korean air. I felt him shift in his seat and I looked over, laying my eyes on his handsomely chiselled face. I continued to scan his masculine features and sharp face, I immediately thought of myself being placed next to him, It would probably look like James Bond next to someone who is defiantly not the 'Bond girl'. My sigh brought his attention to me causing me to regain my consciousness.
"I do apologise that I did not complement you" he spoke deeply

I looked down at the dress that was bought to my room earlier in the afternoon, I was surprised that it looked decent, it was an overflowing white dress with pearls and red heels, I felt glamorous for the first time in my life, but when I realised that I couldn't impress even him, my confidence had gone down a little.
I shook my head at his comment from habit "it's fine"

He smiled softly " I'm sure you look beautiful"
I looked at him as he said this, and realised the irony In the fact that I thought a girl like me would be comparable with him. I felt bile rise up my throat and my eyes water. I looked away from him with a smile so that the driver wouldn't suspect anything.
Looking at the outside view though the window I felt him shift again, this time I didn't turn.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked

I shrugged then turned to him fiercely "why?"

He frowned at my tone and shaky voice, I cleared my throat " why what?"

" why did you ask me to go with you" I questioned him

"Well... I thought you would want to come" he smiled

" but why? Why me?" I sighed " Why am I working for you? Ad why did I come here when all I do is stand next to you when you meet people and-"

"I like you" he said

The pause was my brain trying too register what had been said. He laughed at the sudden silence

"I mean that I wanted to know why charlotte liked you so much, I have fun with you around and well...I like having you around" he spoke

Does he like me too? Does he love me too?

"You're a good assistant" he added

"Uhh, thank you" I sighed.

He handed me a folder with a set of files

"Which is why I think you're capable of memorising these names and details of each person so that you can help me manuvour around"

Kill me now