Chapter 42

I sat in the single sofa and placed Masons glass of Coca-Cola on the table, Dalton was now sitting up on the large sofa which occupied Mason sitting next to him. They had been having a deep and heated conversation whilst I left them to talk and finished up some work.

I watched them as they talked about how well this months magazine was doing and it had only been published yesterday meaning that the anniversary party had to be just as amazing because big people were going to be attending.

I caught the few words that slipped out of Dalton's mouth, Which was something like "Elizabeth has it under control"
Bringing me out of my sickly daze. I couldn't lie, I felt awful, my head had gone down a little but my body still ached a lot.

"Really?" Masons eyes landed on my face which soon turned into a frown as he scanned my face worriedly "are you alright babe?"

I sneezed just as I was about to answer which almost triggered whatever it is that was causing my headaches.
I closed my eyes and waited or the pain to sooth down, a thing I had been doing all day...wait until it soothes down.

"Just a headache" I groaned and shook my head slightly before giving him my attention again

"I told you to go home" Dalton's voice seemed tense and firm. I didn't like the way he spoke to me, as if there was no trust whenever Mason was there. How could he be so childish as to get help us every time another man gives me any friendly attention.

With that and a deep annoyed sigh, I picked up my body and leaned over to give Mason a kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want me to drop you off at home?" Mason whispered even though we could all hear him, I looked at him in the eyes and shook my head

"I'll be fine, I'll call you later" I smiled and walked out without giving Dalton a second look. I was curious as to what he could have been thinking, but the way his tone changes when people are around wasn't one that I liked...
As I stuffed things in my bag I froze whilst rethinking me thoughts
He acted that way when other people are there.
Does this mean we're keeping the secret from Mason aswell?
I made a face realising how silly I may have seemed sulking and storming off, but maybe Mason believed it?

I walked out of the room into the elevator, signed out at the reception area and walked my way to a bus stop.

Thinking about my bus experiences I never really got the reason as to why Dalton was on the bus, how he knew where to get on and where to get off.
I smile and the cringe thought of my previous self, she was hardworking yet drained, a walking money making machine who did anything that she was told, she had no person within her, she was just a soulless shell.

After a lot of bus swapping and a lot of walking I found myself at Mr R's pharmacy, he was busy when I got in since it was nearly closing time and for some reason people in our area prefer to Come late which always gave the man grief that he never closed up ontime. I noticed he had someone working with his this time, a young handsome man with dark chocolate skin and dark pools of jet black eyes. I noticed this because of the uniform he was wearing and also the fact that we was walking to me whilst watching me and asking me something.

But as his lips moved I heard no words.

Did I die and go to heaven? Is this it what feels like when your body soul separates from your body...