Chapter 38

I'd been running around like a headless chicken all day. I realised how true Senior Garcia's words were when I got a call from Mason asking me to assist him by getting his left over materials organised before the meeting started. I found myself being masons assistant for the day, printing photographs and handling duties in the photography department. I was Preparing the briefing room with water, juices and snacks. I found myself hoovering at one point just because I was asked to. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed feeling like I was relied on that much that Mason trusted me with such tasks.
I finally finished helping him by reading over his sheets of handouts to make sure they were perfect before printing. Then I was sat down and was given a quick overview of him presenting the proposal to me. The whole concept was perfect. I could imagine how the ideas he was putting across would capture so many people's hearts because he wasn't discriminating by saying plastic surgery is bad and natural beauty is good. He was simply giving the viewer a choice (although it could be slight reverse psychology). Giving them the chance to be happy in their natural birth beauty before they decide enhance or alter themselves. He also looked at the historical beauty and traditional Korean  clothing which he has given to a few designers as a starting point. Using the fabric and structure of an already constructed garment (hanbok) and create something new from it, almost like bringing history into modern society but still keeping the vital parts of history intact.

I loved the designers, one that caught my eye was one that Mason didn't use in his PowerPoint. I asked him about it and he replied saying the designer was a junior apprentice who's work they simply couldn't use in serious subjects.

I was confused as to why Since she was very talented yet not given the opportunity to break out into the fashion industry.

I later found myself eating lunch with Kaleb, a very tired looking Harry who still managed to busy jokes even though he was stressed, and a whole bunch of people in the editorial department who's work life seemed way more interesting than mine.
We spoke about everything from family to relationships and even embarrassing memories of being at school.

I felt slightly embarrassed to be telling them about my terrible experiences like when I  was constantly tripping over at school in PE and smelling like sweat all day long. I swear I had such a bad sweating problem as a teenager.

I was back into my office an hour later, doing my duty to let the boss know about his meetings and doing my paperwork.

I hadn't seen Dalton all day as I was clearly avoiding him. I used the telephone voice intercom thingy to let him know what time his appointments were, which got the job done without me having to face him.

I knew he didn't need my help guiding him around because he knew  his was around the company pretty well. Apart from masons apparent New floor which the photography studio had been moved into.

I did my job when I saw the clock going to 5 in the evening and decided to make his coffee and leave it for him before slipping out of the room while he took his nap. I didn't want to wake him up or have to face him until later in the evening when we had dinner. For the entire day I had been thinking about what happened in the morning. The was he saw me as tool to help him focus, because I wasn't pretty nor sexually attractive that he didn't have to worry about mixing work and pleasure.

I soon found myself heading to the kitchen and turning on kettle. I was so lost in my thoughts that what caught me was to loud bang of his door opening. I panicked and stayed quiet hoping that he wasn't coming out of the room to seek for me. I checked the one and saw he still had 15 minutes on his nap schedule.  I was confused. I quickly made his coffee and headed out, not seeing him in the corridor like o thought I would. I peaked into my office and saw no one.
Maybe I was hearing things.