Chapter 43

Open the door" when he said this I was literally confused, more than I was when he asked me if I wanted to "taste this pizza" before he'd kissed me.

"Open which door?"  My confusion was clear in my voice.

"Your house door" he spoke up before quickly adding "I'm outside"

"No you're not" I rolled my eyes, he couldn't possibly be that silly to come all the way down my area when he finished work at 8:30. As much as part of me wanted that to be the truth I knew it was impossible.

He chuckled and sighed "fine I'm not, but you should be receiving a package right now"

I frowned and scratched my dry scalp which was in need of a good wash and moisturising.

Just then I heard a call from downstairs. "who ordered Chinese?!"

My eyes balged in my sockets and I stared down at the phone in disbelief. This man did not just...

"You did not just send me Chinese"  I said in that tone where you believe it by pretend you don't just to confirm it.

"Nope" me popped he p and proceeded "maybe you have a secret admirer"

I rolled my eyes "drop it Mr Bus ticket man I know it was you, you're not sly at all?"

Mr R popped his head in the room with a bag in his hands which immediately emanated the delicious smell of Chinese food. I nodded and waved my hands to tell him that it was indeed for me.
He raised and eyebrow and walked inside the room and set the meal on my side table.

"I'm sorry " he said quickly "Mr Bus- who?"

I snorted at the realisation that I had finally called him what I had thought of him for so long.

"It's a long story" I explained "but you never really told me what you were doing on the bus that day we met?"

He sighed as though he was thinking about it... "You honestly want to know?"

"Of course !"

The silence seemed to be somewhat needed as he paused to think about it.

"Please?" I begged him "it's just that I've always known you to be driven everywhere"

He chuckled lightly and gave a groan of protest and I knew he didn't want to say anything. How bad could it be?

"I don't know" He mumbled

I made a face before replying to him that I ways dying of curiosity "please tell me"

He sighed and I waited for his response. I took my time to pause the YouTube video that I had been watching and gulp down a sip of the Luke warm tomato soup.

"I was uh.." He gave a slight laugh but still didn't give away the secret "I'll tell you another time...when I see you"

I stopped what I was doing which had been opening up the bag of Chinese food, part of me was hurt at the fact that he did not trust me enough to tell me, even though we clearly we're having a relationship that went deeper than just a mere friendship.