Chapter 37

Monday morning came very quickly for me. Since it was not the end of winter. Although there has need no snow this year. I also knew that pay day was coming soon. I woke up extra early the morning to get a few pieces of work tied together, checking emails and taking notes. When I was getting ready and went though my clothes unrealised how dull and covering my clothes are, i own a lot of jumpers and scarves which were the perfect winter clothes in my opinion, but I couldn't help but notice the lack of colour and femininity in the clothing. I decided that although I wasn't one of those girls that spent nearly so much time on their appearances,I at least needed decent work clothes. I simply threw on a loose white blouse with straight trousers which at least made me look less miss-shaped in areas that were more bumpy due to the straight illusion it caused. My hair was thrown into a tight bun at the back o my head like a typical office assistant from 2001. I got my work laptop and sat at the kitchen counter writing masons review for the phone. I had no work to do at home which means I had to wait until I got into work, so the review was my distraction until then. I had also made a British breakfast sandwich for Harry who was soon after knocking on the door.
I grabbed the wrapped sand which, brushing away the crumbs off my shirt and trousers from when I ate my owning. I packed away my work materials and walked over to the corridor, grabbing my jacket off the hanger and opening the door with a warm smile.

I was a little confused as to why there was an awkward looking man outside my door. The man was slim almost skinny with dark skin and browny hazel eyes, his hair was slightly curly but was cropped with a shapeup or some sort. He wore a simple shirt and slim trousers and a pair of trainers coloured white which went with his shirt.

"Uhm..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, his amazing eyes darting all over the place. I was still frozen into place in confusion which may or may not have showed on my face. I wondered whether the young boy was lost or something. Yet by each second the confusion turned into amusement, the boy was worse than I was at eye contact.

"Good morning" I spoke up politely "how may I help you?" I knew I sounded too much like the typical secretary i was but the phonecall and continuous emails almost rubbed off on my daily life.

"Uhm" he said this a lot, I found it so funny but hid it and continued to stare at him. He cleared his throat and tried again "I'm here to pick up a Miss Richards" he said quickly which caused my eyebrows to rise.

He's here to pick me up?

"Oh" I replied " I am the Miss Richards but you can call me Elizabeth. Lead the way" I smiled and closed the door behind me and followed the young boy down the steps of my small family house to the car.
I say in the back and decided to catchup on work, finishing the phone review for Mason, and checking that my schedule was perfectly organised.

I could feel the young boys awkward eyes darting from the road to the mirror watching me.

After about three times of catching him do this I decided to talk to the boy.

"What happened to Harry?" I spoke up as I slipped my papers back into the folder in its proper place.

"He's at the hospital" I was surprised that he hadn't started his sentence with "uhm" but the words hospital grabbed my attention immediately

"Oh gosh is he alright?" I frowned, my heart beating in my chest

"Uh yeah-I mean yes he's fine, he's there because his mum is in hospital" the boy replied.

I nodded, noting in my head that I needed to talk to Harry later on. I didn't want to ask too many questions, I would ask Harry instead. I knew what it was like to have a mother in hospital. I knew the feeling of feeling completely oblivious to the outcome of the diagnosis, the hope and prayer that your mother would at lest live to see you build your life and to support you.