Chapter 33

"Make yourself comfortable" I say as I help him to the bed. My room unlike his didn't have a seating where we could eat and socialise like normal people. It did though have a side table that has a vase of decorative flowers. I took the flowers before heading to the bathroom and set them on the counter. I catch a quick glimpse of myself in the mirror and realise that I looked at worse than before. I quickly rush back into the bedroom and helped the boss set up the plates and everything for the Chinese meal that he had brought. I broke the chopsticks apart and rubbed them together, a habit is always done. Then I stuck them in the noodle container and turned to hand it to him. I'd been avoiding looking at him the entire time I'd invited him in. Looking at him properly, I noticed that he's taken off his long trench coat and blazer along with the tie that he has been loosening earlier. His top three buttons of his grey shirt were slightly open revealing the solid muscled chest underneath. My body begins to heat up and the tension becomes thick.

I swallow hard and my eyes quickly drop to the meal in my hand and I quickly mumble to him that is sorted his food out before i hand it to him.

His fingers graze over mine as I hand it to him that I nearly drop the food on him. I gab my own food, once again breaking apart the chopsticks before rubbing them together. My first bite into the food made me groan causing him to chuckle.

"It's really good" I say in my defence

He nods as he chews.

Gosh he even eats like he's on a different level to me. Looking down at myself I realised I'd dropped some vegetables and noodles on my top.

"indeed" he replies after he swallowed his food.

The silence is awkward and hangs in the air so thick that it can be literally cut with a knife. I think about my day and the next day, the wedding was in the morning and we would be boarding the plane in the evening in order to get home by the next day. I couldn't wait to see my family and friends. My life had suddenly become about work that I was beginning to lose sight of what was truly there for me. I loved the job mind you, I am good at it...well so far anyway. Yet sometimes i feel like the work was mixed with personal situations and emotions that I needed to go home and sit down and remind myself why I was doing what I was doing.

"How was your day?" He asks out of the blue and I feel the need to say really?

I nod once remembering the way he'd spoken to me "good"

He bites his lip and releases it from his teeth before taking a small bit of what was left of his food.

"What did you do?" He questions and this time I frown "I just mean.., it's quite late to be coming back at this time"

"Oh gosh" I say bewildered "did you wait outside for long? You could have called-"

"No no I did not wait long" he shrugged  "but I was slightly worried that you weren't back at such a late hour"

"And yet here you are with food at this late hour" I laugh and he stays silent.

He looks slightly unsettled as though he has so many questions. "I went out with a friend" I add casually. He doesn't need to know about Jason.

His nose flares and a flash of anger overtakes his expression " you went to see him I presume" his voice was cold and sounded darn right mean. I shift from my position uncomfortably and move away from him slightly.