Chapter 25

I set the phone down after managing to Skype sherry who happened to be at my house. I spoke to mum who just from seeing her looked and sounded amazing.  She'd made such an improvement in herself. She was beginning to be more confident in herself and looked as young as she did years ago. I have to admit I cried a little just talking to her, but obviously had to adjust myself when mr roundy sat next to mum and began to question  me on whether I had been eating alright, he also commented on my weight, by saying that that I looked thinner than the last time he saw me.

"It must be the food" I told him "because I  am definitely eating a lot , even more than I usually do"

Of course he ignored my comment and proceeded to say that I had to take my vitamins and what not. The man and his medicine were one, I swear.

I had to leave the conversation after realising how late it must have been for them, they seemed more than happy to have talked to me though and I was too because I'd missed them so much.

Of course this was until mum went on to say "Tell the lovely young man who employed you that  God will bless him"

Now I'm sitting here thinking

how do I bring that into a conversation when he's not talking to me?

I pulled out the company laptop that I was given and turned it on, plugging in my pen drive, and typing in my password as it turned on.

"Right...what is today's schedule" I said to my self as one hand tapped my chin and the other scrolled through pages of files and documents.

I finally had the chance to catch up with some work. I clicked on my boss's schedule for the day, noting that he told me that he'd call me when mason returned and mason had returned. The schedule constituted of a meeting which both included mason and the company he had been working with, as well as the model agencies to finalise the contract  between them. Then he said he'd wanted to go shopping around mid-afternoon for his family to get them a few things. He'd also been invited to dinner by a person with a name difficult to pronounce.
I looked at the time... 9:30.
his first meeting started at 10:45 .
mason had told me to go and knock on his door around this time, I didn't understand why mason couldn't do it, but he said he has work to finish. He also  said that I should tell my boss that he' should meet mason there as mason had to prepare for the presentation of the work he'd done so far.

I made a few calls, texts and was done with my part...it was just my boss that was missing.

Gritting my teeth together I decided to put personal feeling aside and act like a proper assistant. I got off the bed grabbing the new phone and laptop. I slipped on some flats even thought I had fluffy socks on and shuffled towards the door opening and locking it behind me before going to knock on my boss's door

The silence was expected, I also expected him to call out and ask who it was but there was only silence.

I knocked again, louder this time "mr Garcia sir?"

Nothing

"Dalton" I knocked impatiently my heart racing...something was wrong "are you okay?"

I was panicking now, fumbling for the phone so that I could call mason.The sound of the lock unhinging and the door opening stopped me.

He looked terrible, wearing a thin while shirt and slim jogging bottoms, hair messy and unkept and slightly stringy from sweat.
He didn't wait for me to walk in as he turned around walking into his room and getting back into bed. He was laying on his back with his face facing away from me. I swallowed worried about the state he was in.