Chapter 22

Jason was a nice kid. Rebellious as he sounded after telling me he ignored his parents' advice on going to university and decided to travel the world instead, I found his ambition very inspiring.  He said he chose Korea because of the culture, not to mention the fashion  sense that he seemed to love! I would know, he talked about it for a very long time. Since he opened up I decided to open up myself and told him half of my life story, he seemed to think I'm a heroic figure who went through hell and back but I told him it was life.
He was working as an usher not only to see and hopefully talk to the business men and women in the fashion industry since he wanted to become a model, he was hoping to be noticed. I laughed when he told me that it was because of the "ugly ass uniforms that they wore" that no one had noticed him yet.
I told him about sherry and Harry. He called me a weird person for having a lot  of your friends around me which made me realise how unusual that actually was.

It was very late at night now, I was hoping it wasn't late because of changed my mind about wanting to go back to our hotel, I wanted to stay and meet more people. I wondered if my boss was looking for me but doubt he would as he was surrounded by important people. I knew how important he takes business. He's so focused and so good at his job that I feel sorry for his future wife and kids who'll have trouble getting him "out" of work.
The thought of him having a wife and a little cute kid made me feel weird.

"Someone is coming" Jason quickly stood up and picked up his trey, his other hand stuck out as though he was asking for something.

"Umm" I looked at him in confusion

"Phone? So I can put my number in it" he rolled his eyes and laughed 

Oh...I didn't had a phone. But i remembered a particular persons number.
I told Jason to give me his as I didn't have a phone. But just in case I gave him Mason's and my boss' number and told him to call me masons one  and if not the other one.

"Have a good evening" he smiled and waved before heading back, I saw him move away and let someone through before he headed in the door.
Looking back at the fountain, my eyes turned to the suited figure heading in my direction. He hadn't noticed me yet, he was taking out a lighter from his blazer pocket and lighting up the cigar placed in his mouth. He looked like a model in the moon-lit  dark night.
I knew I had to go, he was heading straight o the swing bench.

As I stood up to go his blue eyes met mine. We  both froze.
He blinked at me and I quickly recovered, slightly looking down as I stood up to leave, I nearly forgot my heels which had been taken off some time during Jason and i's conversation. I groaned in embarrassment.

"It's fine...please sit" his deep voice floated through the night I looked down embarrassed before sitting down, not before noticing the creak of the bench...

Well today just  getting better and better .

Thinking he would go away and leave me in...pieces, and definitely not it peace, i was surprised when I head the bench creak uncomfortably at the added extra
Weight. I tensed as he sat next to me, holding my breath, my body frozen, heart racing, toes tingling.
It was only the scent of the smoke that brought me to reality as it made my eyes water, and I began to cough. I tried to conceal this but the night was quiet.

Mr Harrison turned his eyes to look at me and quickly apologised before stamping the burning cigar in a metal square object he had, which he placed half the cigar in and closed , before setting it down on the bench between us.
We sat In silence listening to the water splash. I was so curious as to what he looked like up close but I couldn't look at him, the only thing I noticed was the lingering cigar scent mixed with a gorgeous pray he had on.