Chapter 39

The next day I arrived at work on time since my actual driver was back.We had the chance to talk abut things and i got it out of him, told him that its alright to be stressed. I knew he was worried about his mum,  I knew what that felt like, he shouldn't have to be troubled at such a young age. Harry is like my little brother, so when hes worried or stressed, i'm stressed.

 I got to my office and did my routine of taking off my jacket hoping that inside the building it was warmer than outside. I turned on my computer ready to start my day. I proceeded to go out of my office in order to make our morning drinks, his coffee and my tea. The door opened to reveal the person that was in my dreams the entire night. Dalton stood with a smile on his face, suited up in a dark grey suit, waist coat and everything, he looked like a typical 'classic man'. My heart was pounding and I felt awkward, how was I supposed act towards him.

"hey" i spoke softly, luckily i sounded normal.

"good morning" he rasped, he probably hadn't slept either.

I watched him curiously, noticing that he had  his hands hidden behind him. He looked like he was simply standing as most men do, with their hands behind him.But his weird smile made it clear that he was hiding something.

"I was just about to make some tea and coffee" I pointed out, he was literally in my way at the door, blocking me. I knew that if i didn't ask what he was hiding, it would annoy him and he'll just tell me.

"why bother with that when I have this" He brought his hands in front of him to reveal two cups of costa coffee.

In my mind, I was kissing him all over his face, but in reality i just 'awed'I picked a random cup knowing that he probably ordered coffee for the both of us.

"you know"  I said lifting the cup to my mouth "this is supposed to be my job"

he leaned against the side of the door frame and shrugged "things are going to change from now on"

my eyebrows rose up as i sipped my coffee, yes coffee, but not his usual type, he got cappuccino. "change?" i asked and he gave a nod "as in...you'll do my job for me?" i mocked him.

He chuckled then paused and frowned. I secretly prayed that he understood that it was a joke. I took another sip and looked at my cup, noticing the 11 digit numbers on the cup.

Dalton was about to answer me but i cut in "you have a secret admirer" i snorted, inside i was boiling. This girl had the audacity to use the 'typical' way to get a man when at work?

"I know you like me Elizabeth" he pushed himself off the door and took a step towards me "there's no secret in that"

I frowned, i thought back to the fact that i broke my vow again, that i had just accepted a relationship that i told myself i would not accept. damn it.

"no" i said a little too quickly "I-I mean a girl!" oh God help me, why must I get awkward now?

"you ARE a girl" he frowned as though he wanted me to confirm "...aren't you?"

I looked up at him, he looked a little nervous, I smirked and wriggled my eyebrows. "um..well I-" i stuttered. If this wasn't so funny I would have been offended that he asked. 

He took a step back, he was trying to process what was going on, I carried on.

 "I'm sorry do disappoint you Dalton"

He stumbled back and bumped into the wall "what-what do you mean by that?" his voice was not a few octaves deeper.

I was holding back my laugh so badly "I'm sorry that i'm not a man"