Chapter 29

The entire process is somewhat unusual and awkward. As I sat there and he felt my features, not only am I curious about what he thinks of me but I'm always I distracted by the scent of his hands and the way he gently traces around my cheek bone and down my chin causing me to shiver.

"Wh- " before I could ask him what he could see his fingers began tracing over my lips, he was hesitant because my lips where slightly open, I swallowed and pressed them together only to see him frown, I'd changed the features by this and now he must have been confused. I grabbed his hand that had come away from my lips and placed it back in its original place, where my confidence suddenly came from I did not know.

The whole situation was very intimate, the silence and only whimsy outside could be heard, it was dark and cloudy outside yet in the car it was warm and dimly lit.

My voice kept hitching as his body moved closer, his hands eager as ever to know every detail about my face. I wasn't breathing any more, I was holding my breath at the way he was so closer to me.

The minty breath of his fanned my face which caused me to close my eyes, I could feel his hands running over my thick brows and the curve of my forehead, soon his hands were once again sinking deep into my scalp and massaging through.

"Incredible" he repeated causing slight deja vu. I opened my eyes, his face plastered with such a dopey smile.

"What is it about my hair that's fascinating?"  I mumbled relaxing into his hands that were still in my hair

"It's...something I can't imagine" he said it absently, solely focused on my hair

"You've never touched Afro hair before?" I frowned, the man was so grown, he's bound to hand felt an Afro

"Not like this" he spoke "this length and texture, I can feel the coils and it's so soft"

"And oily" I added prying his hand off me "now you're covered in coconut oil"

He sighed relaxing back into his seat.
He was sitting as if he was thinking about something important. Something serious. Was he trying to figure me out?

I decided to leave him to his thoughts and looked out of the window to the familiar scenery, we were definitely close to the hotel now. I just felt like going to my room having a shower and laying down for the night. My stomach was beginning to kill that I just needed to sleep.

"You're s very beautiful woman" he spoke.

I refrained from jumping onto him and telling him all my thought about how he made me feel, releasing my lips from my teeth in laughed slightly "thank you"

I knew he'd heard the dismissive tone in my voice, his hand grabbed mine in a firm grip before he repeated himself

"I really mean it" he mumbled "you're very beautiful Elizabeth" 

as he said my name, all i could do is look into his grey eyes which were not wondering around like before and now settled in one spot on my face, not my eyes like he usually does which suddenly reminded me that he couldn't see me.

"really " I sighed "thank you, I'm not quite sure how it works but I'm thankful that you think  this way"

he sighed in frustration at my behaviour, before he could speak we were stopped as the car came to a stop.