Chapter 47

I sat at my desk filling last minute paperwork and making sure that the sent invites were received and answered to through my email. My hand reached for my chai tea and I took a final sip of the drink before placing the empty cup back on the desk.

My head throbbed from staring at the screen for so long, not to mention the fact that I was tired. I looked down at the bottom of the computer screen only to see that the time is ten to ten. Luckily I was nearly finished with all the last minute checks and glad that soon I'd just get home and sleep. I wanted to work hard in the final days, I want to contribute to the company that would do to well with or without me. I was eager to leave a mark.

After finishing up the last minute work I pushed myself off the chair and finished the necessary bits and pieces such as turning off the computer, grabbing my things that I brought from home. I was trying to take everything in small potions so that I could just go home when the day comes.
Placing my materials in a small box, I pulled on my jacket and walked out of the office. Looking at his door on my way out I couldn't make out if the lights were on or off.

He's probably gone home...or somewhere else

The thought of him being with her made me feel sick.

"Go home Elizabeth" I mumbled go myself as I usually do "go home"

Pushing my bag higher up my shoulder whilst holding a box was tricky but I managed well, luckily enough i was done just as the elevator doors opened, revealing the reception area. I smiled and nodded at the usual night workers and walked myself out of the building.
Outside it was cold, but after being cooped up inside for so log, the fresh air felt amazing. Rather than taking a taxi, I decided to walk down to the bus stop.
It was evening, but from all the street lights, car lights and the buildings  that were all lit up, London looked wide awake.

I suddenly felt the same way.

I smiled and thought about how I could enjoy my night.

I was craving Korean food all the sudden, I was reminiscing about my time spent in Korea, how amazing the food had been, and how even then, nothing was straightforward with Dalton.

"Forget" I mumbled in the mist of London's busy streets

Forget and he'll become a thing of the past.

I walked down the streets towards the food court area which I heard was a hotspot for most people at work, Most of them chose to go there for lunch.

As I turned to cross the street, a familiar black tinted car stopped right in front of me, blocking my path.

With a yelp and my heart racing... a slight twang of anger towards the driver spread through me. I stepped back from the vehicle.
The window rolled down and I felt a slight dejavu

"Get in" Daltons voice was passive and firm.

In my mind, so many questions, answers and scenarios were bubbling up. It was clear that soon people would begin to park behind the black car if i  didn't get in, but something was stopping me from

He sighed and rolled up the window.

With slight shock and annoyance to this, I glared at the black car. A second later the familiar driver opened his door and walked around the car.

"Good evening miss" he smiled nervously but I greeted him anyway. Besides, the man was only doing his job. But what he did next was uncalled for, he grabbed my box and opened the passenger door before placing the box on the seat and closing the door.
I stood in shock and anger but also confusion. He opened the backseat door revealing an empty spot where Dalton had been sitting, he'd somehow managed to move to the other side.