Chapter 30

I woke up with a serious ache in my lower abdomen, which of course made me want to lay in the soft sheets and just die.  My thoughts went to what happened the day before. The way that dalton called me beautiful repeating it over and over and asking me to believe him. I wanted so badly to just get over my insecurities and give him the woman that he wanted and deserves. Part of me wants him to be with someone else like Samantha so that he doesn't have any problems with someone like me...someone who has serious family and life problems that go beyond the physical. Someone with a broken home who is not ready to be selfish and follow her heart but has to make sure that her family is strong and healthy and that they have enough money to put food on the table and clothes on their backs.

This made me remember the reason why I agreed to work with him. To make my life and my mothers life worth living. To forget the horrible past that we both endured and maintain a strong bond that no one can break.

I shuffled out of the thick sheets and headed to the bathroom, cleaning myself up and sorting out my hygiene I settled with a pair of black slimming jeans and a thick white  knitted turtle neck jumper. It was getting colder in Korea which meant that I was more likely to get ill.
I checked my emails and answered a few reguarding possible meetings with my boss. So many people wanted to work with him and his company but I had to do some research into each company before I could hand the boss the details and ask him for a meeting. There were a few emails reguarding work experience for those who wanted to break into the fashion industry, Dalton usually preferred graduates but lately I'd been getting a lot of high schoolers and secondary school kids.

I noted the few names and details, adding sticky notes in my note pad of who was interested in what part of the company, there was a lot who were interested in fashion and publishing as well as fashion designing.

After sorting out my emails I checked my spreadsheet for today's schedule to find that he had a free day today, he wanted to pack his belongings and have some time to go and see some of his old friends.

"Old friends huh" I mumbled to myself and pulled myself off the bed. I went to my wardrobe grabbing out the item that i was thinking about,  antonios blazer. I wanted so badly to return it, I thought of this as I held it in front of me, but tomorrow was his wedding day, I couldn't exactly return it to him on his wedding day. Even though the blazer was in front of me his Antonio's masculine scent and a slight hint of cigar resonated in the air making me remember the night we spent talking to one another .

A knock on the door caught my attention, I threw the blazer on the bed and soon I was opening the door to a weakly smiling mason leaning again the door phrame.

"Hello handsome" I joked and threw him  on of my famous weird faces before leaving the door,  letting him to enter.

"How was your date?" I asked watching him flop on my unmade bed stomach first

"She was...interesting" he said in a low voice "shocking, really"

I frowned and looked down at him examining Antonio's jacket that was on the bed. "how so?"  I asked

He shrugged looking down.

"Okay fine" I shrugged acting as though I wasn't interested either

"She-" he sighed "she was trans okay"
He spoke quickly. I stood for a second just blinking at his words. I didn't know whether to make a comment, I mean it shocked me as much as I at lead think it shocked him too. Yet another part of me was amused by the fact that mason was experiencing something he wasn't used to handling that it threw him off his game. I found the irony simply humorous.

"Oh" was all I could say with a twitch at the corner of my lips that I was tying to hide

"Oh?"