Chapter 48

READ THE NEXT CHAPTER BEFORE THIS ONE...CHAPTER 47 BEFORE 48!
------------------

The hall was packed and even then, more people strolled in with tight smiles on their faces and anticipation towards the celebration.

I stood in a simple suit that most of us dishes had to wear, except I had the privilege of having an ear piece in place which meant I could boss more people around. With a folder in hand with an iPad containing the guests names on. I was at the door ticking the names of the people that had arrived and making sure the got to their designated seats.

The hall was a circular room with long Windows that brought light into the otherwise vacant space. The podium stood proud and tall at the stage where the man himself would be standing and talking later in the day. I was not going to see that part of the celebration because I'd decided to get my part of the celebration done and then head home to rest.

I'd read that people within my role didn't need to be there but could if they wanted to stay. After what Dalton had told-requested from me, all I found myself doing was focusing on the work that was at hand. Now that all the hard work was nearly over, all I feel is confusion and uncertainty in everything.

If I leave and work for Lucio...who will look after Dalton?

If I leave and work for Lucio...will be replace me?

Tracing my vision to the top of his familiar head, I watched as he smiled in the direction of his mother who was talking to him with a hasty and excited expression. I'd never really seem the warmth in his eyes until today. His father was currently no where to be seen, which might have explained why he was quite relaxed. I smiled as he proceeded to hold his mothers hand and pull her a little closer to whisper something to her.
They seemed to have a good banter outs relationship from where I was watching.

"Good evening"

I turned to see yet another couple wearing some designer clothing with a name I probably couldn't even pronounce and very strong perfume.

"Good evening madam" I gave her a brief nod and a smile "sir"

They beamed at my reply and proceeded to tell me their names, I marked them on the iPad, told them their table and called one of the ushers to help them to their seat.

"Have a lovely evening" the women are always the excitable ones whereas their husbands or partners were dull and stone faced.

"You too ma'am" I smiled at the lovely plump woman and watched as she shuffled away.

I sighed and looked down at the list in my hands. The names seemed to be getting longer the more people arrived.

Looking around the room I saw most of the room packed, only a few chairs at a few tables were left vacant.
My eyes wondered around the stunningly decorated room, there was elegance and beauty in the gold and Snow White theme. Although it was a recipe for disaster since nearly everything seemed to be covered in white, but i had to admit that it did in fact look stunning, just as Dalton said it would
A flash at the corner of my eye caught my attention. focusing on the red shadow I saw non other than miss rayne herself, swaggering towards Dalton with swaying hips. She wore a body hugging evening gown with and her hair was pinned up, which was unusual and very different to her usual look. She got to him and placed a hand on his shoulder before whispering in his ear.
My teeth gritted at the scene and anger bubble up in my throat. I knew it!