Chapter 40

You know" I spoke as I placed the plates of sliced pizzas on the coffee table. "This wasn't the pizza I was expecting to be eating"

"What were you expecting?" He replied calmly as though this situation wasn't odd at all.

"well I didn't end up calling Pizza Hut that's for sure" I rolled my eyes "you're such a last minute man you know that?" I sounded as frustrated as I was feeling,  I was looking down at him from where i was standing and he simply looked amused.

He patted around the table until he found his plate and picked it up. "What do you mean?"

"You basically lured me into becoming your personal chef" I whine for the 100th time like a little child.

On our officially first date...even if he didn't specify it.

He shrugged as he hovered his fingers over the ingredients of the slice "home made pizza is the only pizza I eat, I thought I told you that ."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, I finally flopped onto the other couch and picked up my own plate.

"clearly you forgot to mention a few things" I mumbled

He was grinning like a crazy person but had a comeback anyway "I helped...remember?"

Okay, maybe he did help a little bit by guiding me into the whole process, luckily I didn't have to make the dough myself. But I wasn't about to let him off easily.

"By shouting at me in your frustrated bossy tone?" I scoffed, I hated when he acted like we were at work "I don't think so..."

He chuckled and finally bit into the pizza that I'd just spent what felt like hours making.

I watched him as he chewed the meal, savouring all the ingredients, tomato, cheese and all the meat i piled on it just because he had the ingredients there.

He cocked his head to the side and frowned which to me usually means "not good"

"Remember this is my first time making pizza from scratch" I noted quickly  causing him to smile

I was starting to get worried but I had to hear it from him first before I broke down into a mumble jumble of excuses as to why the homemade pizza isn't always the best, as he said.

"so?" I said in a low breath

He cocked his head to the side  again, this  time his expression was surprised.

"Did you put olives in this one?" He mumbles trying to keep his mouth closed.

I looked down at the slice he was eating and realised I had actually put olives on it.

That's why you get when you're being rushed by an angry hungry man.

"You don't like it" I pretty much said this as a statement, but I wanted to see what he thought .

"It's uhh" He stopped himself "pretty good"

His expression was unreadable as usual. I immediately made it my mission to be able to fully open him up.

"You hate it" I sighed

"I said it's good" he laughed this time

"I'm not even going to take a bite if it tastes that bad" I was a little bit annoyed that he didn't like it, but I was thankful he was a little bit humane about it unlike how he is usually. Blunt and plainly heartless.