Chapter 3

You know those crystal moments, when you watch a movie and it touches you deeply to the extent that you begin to wish you were in the position that the person was, wether its the girl in love, or the poor girl who is rescued and swept off her feet by that perfect man...that's what a lot of girls feel like these days, I should really say that it 'was' me when I was blinded, sucked into a dream land were females got their perfect Prince Charming. I see this everyday, like this young couple sitting next to me on this bus, they look too young to have the two children who are whining like they haven't been showered or fed today.

"Why do you always let her get her way, look what you've done now" he female retorted towards her boyfriend? Lover?

"Maybe in you ain't so harsh on 'em then i'd treat them the way you want" the man replied , pulling her daughter onto his lap as she calmed down slightly.

"Oh. So it's me 'ey?! It's my fault that she's being a little Rat yeah?!" The woman said a little restlessly, a few people on the bus looked back, the couple seemed to ignore this however and instead continued to argue.

"Calm down will you! Why you always gotta start a scene aint ya'...every single day!" He grumbled making her screw up her face in anger, she took a breath about to start interrogating the man.

"Sorry, can I get through please'?" I asked politely, the pale woman looked from her husband to me before smiling and nodding, she stood up and let me past, I thanked her before getting off the bus and heading back home. I breathed out, exhaling all the tension that I'd felt when I was on hat bus. I began making my way home, taking long strides just so I could get home quicker, I was supposed to go job hunting but my encounter with sherry took longer that I'd expected. I sighed and scratched my itchy nose before sinking my hands into my pockets for my key.

Before i could get to it, it open in front of me... My brows screwed together, my eyes widened in realisation..I rushed into the house calling mum.

"Mum!..." I breathed, my heart hammering against my chest, my legs wobbled as I sprinted round the house, my skin felt warm, and tears slowly threatened to fall. "Mum"

I secretly prayed that she hadn't walked out into the streets. Anything could happen to her!

I barged into the last room, harshly bashing my knee against the wooden door into the toilet and bathroom, mums head snapped up from where she sat, about to flush the toilet. I trembled a Little , relief flushed through me and I smiled.

"Mum" I smiled, relief spread through me, She frowned before flushing the toilet...then realisation hit me, she used the toilet?, she 'flushed' the toilet, and she got to the bathroom all by her self...

Was mum getting better?

"Umm...sorry, bout that.." I added as I watched her row the wheelchair all by herself to the sink where she washed her hands patiently.

"I-i'll go ahead and start on dinner?" I Said before rushing out of there to the kitchen.

The process of preparing dinner was slow perusal, I had to cook the rice, boil the beef cubes, then dice the onions in thin squares, before draining out the water and frying them together, I seasoned the beef , and by that meaning i chucked in a bunch of maggi cubes, then added some chopped tomatoes and voila! Dinner was served. Mum and i sat in the living room watching tv, the news about the government and its political leaders, as mum slowly ate and stared at the tv, I blocked out the notice and just stared at my mother, how she used to be so loud and straight to the point when you did something wrong, she had a heart of a leader and now, I'm the one leading our lives. My gaze dropped And i sighed at the thought of how our lives were run. Finishing my dinner, I washed the dishes and took a quick shower, mum had stayed in the living room,the tv had suddenly become the most important thing to her. I checked on her gain to find her asleep on the couch, I decided to let her sleep and throwing a quilt over her frail body, I took my time to return ben to my room.