Chapter 26

The warm body next to me shifted again breaking me out of the slumber yet my eyes refused to open. I felt him tense as I groaned, annoyed that his moving woke me up. I relaxed into his chest once more, feeling his chest rise and fall and his heart beating quickly.
The soft touch of his hands which stroked my thick hair sinking into the frizz and massaging my scalp made me groan at the relaxing sensation.

"Incredible" his deep voice whispered, his hand exploring my hair.

My mind began to register what was going on and my body tensed. I knew he felt it because he paused his relaxing movements.

Opening my eyes, I was half looking at the White shirt and half the wall in front of me. I didn't know what to do. Do I run? Maybe just casually say see you later? But of course my stomach answered by growling out a long and painful rumble.

Out of all moment to do that you choose now. I thought

"You must be hungry" dalton chuckled and began to stroke my hair once more "what would you like to eat?"

What the heck is going on?!

I shuffled a little to look at his face. He looked a lot better, the colour had returned to his face.

"Are you feeling better?" I tried to sound soft but it came out croaky

"Thanks to you and your amazing body" he spoke in a deep low voice. I was squirming inside. "I needed your body heat"

Oh

" huuh" I laughed...

"What do you want to eat, you can order breakfast if you want" he laughed " even though it is one thirty in the afternoon"

I kept getting distracted by the hair stroking

"Elizabeth"

"Mmh?" I snapped out of my trace

"Lunch or breakfast?" He asked me genuinely.

"Uh I'm not really-" my belly growled again before I could say the word hungry

Dalton laughed "lunch it is then" he said picking up the phone that happened to be so close to the bed, or maybe it was just his long arms that could reach the bed side table.

He gave random orders of things I'd never heard of before and placed the phone back. I tried to shift from his grip but he wouldn't let me.

"What are you doing?" I was getting annoyed now "this is not professional In any way-"

"Miss richards"

"I demand that you let me go otherwise I'll-"

"Elizabeth"

I was now looking up to him face from where I lay in his chest "I know you're not grabbing me up like those girls you're always grabbing because I'm-not-"

What is this?
soft...lips....
are these lips?...
lips on my lips?
HIS lips on my lips?!

He moved away after shutting me up with his long peck.

He kissed me.

"You...kissed-" I whispered in his chest, my heart was beating so fast, my lips tingling and excitement bubbling up in my stomach what the heck?

"Now that I have your attention" he said in a firm tone "I can tell you , that I am not going to let you go"

My eyes snapped up at him in confusion.