chapter 17

Back in my hotel room i couldn't help but think about today's events. How can Mr- i mean, Darlton have such a confusing personality? i mean whilst Mason may be way too forward, he's a very nice person to be around, why? because he's not confusing. At the restaurant , Gustav told me alittle bit about the boss, i wonder why he did that?. i suddenly i want to know more about him, my Boss and the man who made me lose my job. maybe it was fate? i mean that night was a good memory of him, he was so different. maybe it is because i didnt know him well, whilst being a business man, i'm not surprised that he doesn't give me any special treatmet, but then those girls that come to his office very often, he seems to enjoy their company.

sighing in frustration, i flip myself over to the other side of my bed, my belly feeling like its about to explode from the selection of dishes that Gustav prepared for us, i'm guessing that he is close to my boss because the tabe was full.

a shockingly loud knock brought me back to my sences and as if by instict from expecting someone, i jumped off the bed and waddled to the door, i suddenly wanted to sleep. i unlocked the door expecting the boss.

"Shh...quick, close the door" Mason whispered  whilst looking uncomfortable with the amount of junk food he was carrying in his hands.

"i thought you..." 

"shh, whisper, i dont want-" Mason nodded to the direction of the door "to hear us"

"Wh-" i stopped and looked at his raised brows the whispered "why?"

"because then we'll be in big trouble, its midnight" he smiled and walked over to my bed before dropping the unfamiliar packets of snacks on my bed.

"why didn't you just wait until the morning?" i asked "and i thought you said you wouldn't be back today" i frowned whilst sitting next to him.

he cocked his head to the side, watcing me with a smirk before wrinkling his nose "i was surprisingly cool today, you should have seen all the women looking at me"

i rolled my eyes, typical Mason, he always new how to make me feel better. "that sure answers my question" i mumbled

"don't be sarcastic" Mason pocked the middle of my forehead so hard i fell back on the bed.

"oh shi-"  i heard him laugh " are you okay?" he chuckled

i opened my eyes and stared at the cealing, soon, mason's big head and long hair covering his ears was in view looking down at me dumbly, i quickly pushed my self up, crashing my head into his in the process. 

both of us goraning in pain i looked at mason holding his forehead just as i was, he looked up at me as if he wanted to cry. suddenly, he was laughing.

"you have a bump!" he pointed with his free hand

i grabbed his wrist and pulled his arm down to see if it was swollen. 

"what?" he asked looking at my bewildered expression 

"is it supposed to be that colour?" i asked "your forehead i mean"

"what colour?" he asked slowly

"red and slighly bruised...looking" i pocked it and watched him flinch. 

"what's going to happen to my face!" he sniffed

"oh shut it drama queen" i rolled my eyes and walked over to the mini fridge to check if there was ice, i then went to the beautiful bathroom and grabbed two small towels. knowing alot from looking after mum came in handy as i placed the ice on the two towels and the walked to Mason. 

"move those" i nodded towards the snacks 

"But-"

"move...them" i raised my brows at him sulking, he pushed the snacks all onto the floor everywhere "Mason!"

he ingored me and went back to pocking his sore looking forehead. "Lay down then"

he looked at the towels in my hand bunched up with ice. he laid back on my bed and took the towel an placed it on his head.

i sighed at him still sulking, i wasnt sure if it was because of the snacks or his forehead. i walked over to the other side of the bed and sat next to him. the cool towel on my forehead felt soothing, i held it on and in silence we both kept still.

"Lay back, it helps" Mason mumbled sleepily causing me to yawn

"i dont want to fall asleep" i sniffed "you too, do not sleep here"

"yeah okay, lay back, lets just talk then" he said opening his aqua  eyes finally

"only if you stop being stubborn" i mumbled "leave that to your boss for christ sake"

he smiled  and i shuffled to lay back, i felt like the whole bed was moving,  and it definetly creaked .

"dont be too hard on him, he's a hard worker" Mason said "smart too"

i looked at mason and felt a trail of cold water roll to the pillow. "dont you think he's a little odd?"

Mason laughed and shook his head "Odd how?"

i sighed and looked at the cealing " he's a little...passive" i turned back to him "dont you think?"

he raised one brow at me "Darlton...Passive?"

i nodded

 Mason shrugged "i suppose so, sometimes, especially when he doesn't want something, or when he doens't want to admit something...or..."  Mason looked at me "when he's thinking about something important, so it's probably because of work and the project"

i frowned "you think so?"

 Mason smiled " i'm pretty sure...all he needs is a boys night in a classy club here in korea, i'm sure i can make it happe-"

"no Mason, he's here to work!" i warned him

"youre not his mother " he mumbled, his strong accent rolling the word mother on his toungue.

"yeah, i know im not his mo-the-r" i mocked him. Mason rolled his eyes as i laughed and closed his eyes "hey, dont sleep here!"

of course he acted as though he didn't hear me, i needed a plan to get tis boy to go to his room.