4.5

In the Temple of Light, the atmosphere was solemn, and everyone looked at the cracks on the statue of the God of Light in shock.

  "Dear Pope, aren't you ready to explain?" A slender, well-dressed young man slowly took off his gloves, his eyes calm, but everyone could hear the disdain in his words, "We have come all the way here Is this place just to worship a stone that has been abandoned by the God of Light?"

  The surrounding visitors nodded in agreement, obviously agreeing with this point of view.

  "Oh, dear King Morik, how did you find out that there was something wrong with the statue?" When the Pope saw Morik about to speak, his heart suddenly skipped a beat. After listening to what he said, he actually felt so relaxed. Feeling, "Did you peek at the face of the God of Light when you were offering gifts to him? This is a great disrespect to the God."

  The Pope retorted based on the reasons he had thought of earlier, trying to take the initiative.

  Morik was speechless. It was indeed because he was rude first that he realized something was wrong with the statue.

  Fortunately, at this time, Byrne opened his mouth to help him out, "Holy God of Light, how could the Pope know that this is not the will of the God of Light?" Byrne's tone was elegant, and his words were full of aristocratic temperament, and there was no hint of any wrongdoing. Morik's disdain.

  Royal power and divine power have never been at odds with each other, but making trouble at the Harvest Festival is really an unwise move. Especially this year is the Harvest Festival that occurs once every ten years. It is not a good idea to point out the problem in public.

 "What Duke Bourne said makes sense." The Pope was confident. Obviously, this reason was also within the scope of his consideration. "Since the God of Light is still protecting us, then He will definitely not abandon the city of Gordon."

  "Then why doesn't the Pope explain the matter about the statue? Is this a warning given to you by the Pope who has angered His Majesty the Crown of Light?" Morik couldn't stand the Pope very much and refused to forgive him.

  Bourne put his arms on his chest and sighed silently, Morik, this idiot.

  "As we all know, our statue is made of light stone." The pope stood at a higher place, looked around and finally his eyes rested on Morik. "And the only nemesis of light stone is dark magic. Why is King Morik first?" Time suspects that the God of Light has abandoned us, rather than suspecting that there are dark forces deliberately destroying the idols to prevent the Harvest Festival from being held smoothly?"

  "But -" Morik thought this reason was too far-fetched, but Bourne interrupted him in time, "Then please ask the Pope to issue an order, and we will actively cooperate to capture the people of the dark forces."

 Seeing Bourne's reaction, Morik acquiesced to this decision. Bourne is the smartest man he has ever met, an ambitious man who was promoted from a small baron to a duke in just ten years and emptied out the king. He must not be offended unless necessary.

  "Thank you for your help." The Pope finally showed his first sincere smile today. Although there are many loopholes in this reason, as long as there are smart people, unlike some idiot, the Pope lightly glanced at Morik.

  After several discussions, they decided to ensure that the Harvest Festival was passed safely.

  The sun gradually rose, and the coolness of the morning had long been replaced by the heat. The square in front of the temple was crowded with people who were looking forward to the grand ceremony.