Chapter 7

It had been one week since we hunted a clown. I needed some stuff from my house, so after asking Bobby for another car, Dean offered to take me. So now we stood on my front porch.

I stare up at him, heart hammering in my chest. I was terrified. I knew that this was my chance. I had to take it. "Dean...do you wanna come in? Millie's not home yet."

Dean watched me for a moment, and I was almost sure he was going to say no. "Yeah. I'll come in."

I turn to the door, biting back a smile as I unlock the door. I push it open, stepping inside and letting him in. "Make yourself at home." I say, dropping my keys on the counter.

Dean pulled his jacket off, setting it on the back of one of the barstools. I pull my own coat off as he wandered toward the living room.

Make a move. You can do this. I can do this.

Dean sat down on the couch, kicking his shoes off. I leave my own at the door. I head for the fridge. "You want a beer?" I asked.

"Sure." Dean replied.

I grab a beer before pouring myself a glass of wine. Aka, liquid courage. I then move toward the couch. I sat down beside him as he took the beer I offered. I shifted closer to him, sipping my wine.

"You know, Dean, there's something I want to tell you." I began, looking over at him.

He propped his feet up on the coffee table, meeting my eyes. "Yeah?"

"I know how you've been feeling lately, but I want you to know that when I...almost lost you....My life felt like it imploded. I need you, Dean." I say. "I couldn't live without you. I know that everything with your dad is bothering you, and I want to help you through that, but I owe this to myself... To us."

Dean just watched me for a few seconds, his eyes searching mine. "What-what are you saying, Si?"

I pull in a deep breath. "I'm saying that I'm still in love with you. I never stopped loving you. It's taken me so long to realize that I should've just said that. If I had said that a long time ago, things might be different. I'm saying that I know things will never truly calm down and that was just an excuse because I was scared."

I slide closer to him. "I know that you might not feel the same anymore, but for my sake, I need to tell you. Dean, I want to be with you. I want to be the person you can talk to, I wanna be the person you lean on and go to. Like you for me. I want to get back together."

Dean stared at me again, not saying a word. Worry grew in my chest, making it hard to breathe. A second later, Dean's lips were on mine.

I was too shocked to do anything at first, but then I kissed him back. I moved impossibly closer as he wrapped his arms around me. Heat blossomed along my skin, lighting me on fire as he slid one hand under my shirt.

His palm was rough against my skin as it slid upward.

I pulled back, feeling cold as soon as his lips left mine. I shuffled closer, tossing one of the pillows on my couch to the floor. "If I ask you to stay, will you?" I asked, voice quiet as I stared at him.

He brushed his thumb across my bottom lip as he leaned ever so slightly closer, making warmth spread through my body. "This time I will." He whispered. "And every time after that."

I smiled, letting my eyes flutter shut as he leaned forward. Our lips met once again, and my heart jumped. I slip my arms around his shoulders as I leaned back onto the couch. I laughed softly as he tossed another pillow to the floor while positioning himself above me.

I pull his red shirt over his shoulders and down his arms. I drop it to the floor. I then slip my hands under the gray t-shirt he wore, fingers brushing over every muscles.