Chapter 56

Folsom Prison Blues

Let's get the record straight. I am not a criminal. I have broken no laws. 

So why am I sitting on a bus waiting to be dropped off at Green River County Detention Center, you may ask.

Well, that's because I'm sleeping with an idiot.

Why are you doing that, you may ask.

Because he's hot and super sweet. 

But that's besides the point. 

Anyway, I was not planning on being a part of this little 'let's go to jail on purpose' plan, but all I know is at first Dean thought I should stay back, then he decided maybe it was best to keep me close so he would have an eye on me. 

If I was with him, nothing could go but so wrong.

I was easily convinced when he said I could drive the car for a week. 

Again, you may ask, Saige, why are you going to the same detention center as them.

Well, the cops were lazy and said 'she'll be fine. We'll put her in solitary and keep and eye out. It's not dangerous.' 

I do not trust that. 

Maybe we should start from the beginning. 

24 Hours Ago

I knew this was a bad idea, but I would get to drive the Impala for an entire week without complaint. Plus, I'm not sure I'd be able to go no contact with Sam or Dean for almost an entire week. 

Why we choose an Anthropology Musem to break into was still lost on me.

"I hate this plan, Dean." Sam said as we walked through the hall, passing right by the motion detector.

"Yeah, I got that the first ten times I heard it." Dean said.

We walked through the halls until reaching the cases full of very old weapons. We stopped there. 

A noise in the distance made us head back into the hall. We turned a corner to be met with two police who started yelling at us to freeze. 

We turned to the other hall. Two more officers. The other hall also had two officers at the end all yelling for us to stop.

"Put your hand behind your head. Sit down on your knees. Now." 

We did as they said, letting them handcuff us.

"You know, this look is working for me." Dean whispered to me.

I shook my head. "Seriously?"

"What?"

___

"Front." A camera flashed as I held up the little sign as they took my photo. "To the right." I turned. Another photo was taken. 

I knew Dean was probably joking around while having his mug shot taken, making faces, asking if he looked good. 

He is such a dork. 

Sam probably looked like a sad puppy.

"That's a nice camera." I said, laughing nervously. 

___

"Unfortunately, your arraignment on the breaking and entering charge won't be until Tuesday." Mara--our lawyer--said as he opened her briefcase while we sat in a small, gray room.

"And they'll keep us in the county jail?" Dean asked.

"That's right." 

"Green River County Detention Center?" Sam asked.