Chapter 31

Hunted

Dean's POV

"See, I was doing an exorcism down in Louisiana." Gordon says, sitting across from me with a rifle in hand. "Teenage girl. Seem routine, some low-level demon. But between all the jabbering and head-spinning damn thing muttered something. About a coming war. I don't think it meant to. It just kind of slipped out, but it was too late. Piqued my interest. And you can really make a demon talk, if you got the right tools." 

"What happened to the girl who was possessed?" I asked. 

"She didn't make it."

I shook my head. "Well, you're a son of a bitch."

Gordon stood, walking toward me. He swung his fist, catching my jaw. "That's my mama you're talking about." He paused for a moment. I smiled a little despite the small ache forming. "Anyway, this demon tells me they have soldiers to fight in this coming war. Humans, fighting on hell's side. Do you believe that?"

"I mean, they're psychics, so they're not exactly pure human but still..." Gordon continued. "What kind of worthless scumbag you gotta be to turn against your own race? But you know the biggest kick in the ass? This demon said I knew two of them. Our very own Sammy Winchester and that pretty little thing you're banging. Saige, right?"

I laughed. "Oh, this...this is a whole new level of moronic, even for you."

"Yeah? Come on, Dean. I know. About Sam's visions. About Saige's. I know everything."

"Really?" I asked, trying to stay calm. "Because a demon told you?" I laughed. "Yeah, and it wasn't lying."

"Hey, Dean, I'm not some reckless yahoo, okay?" Gordon says. "I did my homework. Made damn sure it was true. Look, you got your roadhouse connections...I got mine. Though getting information on Saige was quite the task. Turns out her daddy must've known something because he did everything he could to keep her out of the news, but he's not here anymore. Anyway, it's how I found Sammy in the first place."

Gordon crossed the room and sat down. "About a month ago, I found another one of those freaks, here in town. He could deep-fry a person just by touching them."

"Yeah, did he kill anyone?" I asked. 

"Besides Mr. Tinkles, the cat? No. But he was working up to it." Gordon says. "They're all gonna be killers, Dean. We gotta take them all out. And that means Sammy and Saige too."

"You think their stupid enough to walk through that front door?" I asked. 

"No, I don't. Especially since I'm sure you found a way to warn them." Gordon stated. "Ha. You really think I'm that stupid?"

I shrugged, smirking a little.

"No." Gordon stood, stepping closer to the door he watched. "They're gonna scope the place first. See me covering the front door. So they're gonna take the back. And when they do, he'll hit the tripwire. Then..." Gordon turned around, pulling a grenade out of the bag on the table. "Boom."

"They're not gonna fall for a friggin' tripwire." I stated, though worry gnawed at my chest.  

"Maybe you're right." Gordon admitted. "That's why I'll have a second one.  Hey, look. I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to do this, I really do. But for what it's worth, it'll be quick."

As Gordon walked away, I let out a shaky breath. 

Minutes passed by as he set up the tripwire. 

"Come on, man." I say, turning my head to look at him as he walked into the room. He grabbed a chair, placing it beside the one I was tied to. He sat down. "I know Sam and Saige, okay? Better than anyone. They got more of a conscience than I do. Sam feels guilty surfacing the internet for porn. Saige can't even kill a bug. I'm not even kidding. She just won't do it. I went to kill a spider the other day and she flipped out. Okay? She wouldn't let me kill it."