Chapter 16

Simon Said

"I probably shouldn't let you kids in here." The older man who was the security guard says to Andy.

"No, it'll all be fine." Andy assured him. "Just go get a cup of coffee, alright? And these aren't the droids you're looking for." 

"Awesome." Dean chuckled, setting a box down on the table next to the computer Sam was staring at. 

"Got it." Sam spoke up.

I felt Dean's hand on my waist, his chest against my back. "Yeah?" He asked, resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"Yeah." Sam replied as Andy sat down next to him. "Andy, it's true. Holly Beckett was your birth mother."

Andy scoffed. "Does anyone have a Vicodin?"

"Dr. Jennings was her doctor too. I mean, he oversaw the adoption. You have a solid connection to both of them." Sam explained.

"But I didn't kill them." Andy stated. 

"We believe you." Dean assured him.

"I mean, you couldn't have. Holly...died when we were with you. No phone call." I added. 

"Yeah." Sam said quietly.

"But who did?" Dean asked. 

"I think I got a pretty good guess." Sam says. "Holly Beckett gave birth to twins." 

___

"I have an evil twin." Andy repeated, still shellshocked. 

Sam, file in hand, paced the room. "Holly put you and your brother up for adoption. And you went to the Gallagher family, obviously. And your brother went to the Weems family from upstate."

I walked over to Dean, who stood by the printer. "I think this calls for a drink or two." I say jokingly.

"Hey, Andy, how you doing? Still with us?" Dean asked. 

"Um...what was my brother's name?" Andy asked.

"Here. Um..." Sam began. "Anson Weems." 

Andy shook his head, indicating that he had no clue who that was. 

"He's got a local address." Sam shrugged. 

"He lives here?" Andy asked. 

"Let's get a look at him." Dean pulled the paper he'd been waiting for from the printer. "There's a picture coming over from the DMV right now." We walked over to Sam and Andy as Dean flipped over to the photo of the drivers license. "Hate to kick you while you're freaked...Take a look at that."

"That's not the saying, you know." I pointed out. "It's kicking someone when they're down. Not freaked."

"Hush." Dean caught my hand in his, raising it to his lips. 

___

"Alright, Andy. Tell us everything you know about this guy." Sam says from the passenger seat of the Impala. He totally cheated and stole the spot from me.

"Well, I mean, not much." Andy shrugged. "Webber shows up one day, like, eight months ago acting like he's my best friend in the world. Kind of weird, like trying too hard."

"Must have known you guys were twins." Dean says. "Why change his name? Why not just tell the truth?"

I blinked, pain rocketing through my skull. I noticed Sam was holding his head in his hands. He was going through it too. I try to hide it. Dean didn't need to worry about us both. Sam needed him. So I gripped the leather seat beneath me, focusing on getting past this.