Chapter 47

Roadkill

"Saaaaaige..." She called. "Let me help you."

A blinding white light suddenly erupted from seemingly nowhere. The outline of Trench Coat Man appeared. Large, dark wings were also blocking some of the light. "Stay with the righteous. Use your power for good."

"Poison runs through your veins, girl. Let me save you." Shadow lady appeared next to me, though I could hardly tell the difference between the pitch black void and her figure.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

"She will best it on her own. She has the strength." Trench Coat Man said, voice firm.

"She will die if she doesn't accept me." Shadow Lady argued.

"I will not let that happen."

"You will fail her."

"She has the power. She will preserve."

"She neeeeds me."

"Dean, watch out!" Sam's shout pulled me from my dream.

The car skids to a stop as I shot up. I was breathing heavy.

A woman stood in the middle of the road, begging for help.

"Dean, I don't think she knows she's dead." Sam said.

"You woke Si up." Dean hit Sam's shoulder. "I told you to be quiet."

The blonde woman with shoulder length hair yelled for us to help her. She moved toward the passenger window where Sam sat.

She tapped her hand against the window. "Please. Please."

"All right. All right. Calm down. Calm down. Tell us what happened." Sam rolled his window down.

We all got out of the car, stepping out into the light snow that was falling.  She explained how she and her husband were heading out for their anniversary. She explained how they had gotten lost and she hadn't noticed the man standing in the middle of the road.

"I swerved and we crashed. And when I came to, uh, the car was wrecked. My husband was missing. I went looking for him but that's when the man from the road...he started chasing me. He's--He's--"

"Did he look like he...lost a fight with a lawnmower?" Dean asked.

"Dean." I hissed, shifting closer to him. I was still shaken from my dream and wanted nothing more than to quit this job and have Dean hold me and tell me it would all be all right.

"How did you know that?" She asked as Sam shot his brother a look.

"Lucky guess." Dean forced a chuckle.

"Ma'am, what's your name?" Sam asked.

"Molly. Molly McNamara."

Oh.

"Molly, looks, I think maybe you should come back with us. We'll take you back into town--" Sam began.

Molly shook her head. "I can't. I have to find David. He might've gone back to the car."

"Well, we should get you somewhere safe. Dean, Saige, and I will come back here. We'll look for your husband."

"No. I am not leaving here without him."

My heart broke for her. I mean, everything about her...situation was horrible.

"We can't make her leave." I said. "I know if it were me I wouldn't leave until I found you." I gave Dean's hand a squeeze.