Chapter 66

All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2

Dean's pov

"And that's when you guys showed up." Sam said as he and Si sat at the small table where soda bottles and pizza boxes sat.

"I lost it for a minute there. It scared me."  Si mumbled, picking at the crust of her pizza. "I just couldn't stop stabbing her."

I ran my hand over her hair, dropping a leftover pizza crust to Lady. "It's okay, Si. You're okay. That's awful."

They'd told me everything that happened from the moment they'd disappeared.

I took a bite of pizza, thinking about how much I wanted to kill almost every person in that story.

"Poor Andy." I said.

"He was my friend." Si mumbled. "He didn't deserve that."

"Demon said he only wanted one of us to walk out alive." Sam stated. 

"And he told you that?" I asked.

"Yep."

"He told me that it was going to be me and one of them." Si said. "He said I was different. He needed me and one more." 

"He appeared in a dream." Sam added.

"He tell you anything else?" I asked. 

Sam shook his head. "No. No, that was it, nothing else." 

I watched him for a moment, not fully believing it.

"You know, what I don't get, Dean, is if the demon only wanted one of us then how did Jake and I both get away?" Sam asked. 

"Well, I mean, they left you and Si for dead. I'm sure they thought it was over." I shrugged. "So now that Yellow Eyes has Jake, what's he gonna do with him?"

"I don't know. But whatever it is, we gotta stop it." Sam said. 

"I agree. I want to shove a knife in his throat." Si added.

"Okay, well, hold on, all right. You two need your rest." I said. "We got time."

"No, we don't." Sam argued. 

"Sam, oceans are boiling." I stated. "Okay, frogs aren't raining from the sky. Let's get you two your strength back first."

"Well, did you call the roadhouse? They know anything?" Sam asked. 

"Yeah." I sighed, scoffing a little.

"Dean, what is it?" Sam asked. 

I dropped the crust of my pizza down for Lady as I sat beside Si. "The Roadhouse burned to the ground." 

"What?" Si asked. 

"Ash is dead. Probably, Ellen, a lot of other hunters too."

"This is all our fault, isn't it?" Si asked, tears brimming her eyes.

"No, baby. Don't blame yourself." I placed a hand on her knee.

"Demons?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, we think so." I nodded. "We think because Ash found something."

"What did he find?" 

I shook my head. "Bobby's working on that right now." 

"Well, come on, then. Bobby's only a few hours away." Sam stood. 

I shot up to help him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sam. Sam, stop. Damn it. You both almost died in there. I mean, what would I have--?" My voice faltered. "Can't you just take care of yourself for a little bit, huh? Just a little bit."