Chapter 52

Heart

Glenn tackled the prostitute to the ground, fangs bared as he leaned forward.

"Hey!" Dean called out, making the werewolf look up. He shot. Blood poured down Glenn's chest as he dropped to the ground.

The woman screamed, standing up and running off.

"Hey, don't mention it!" Dean called out after her.

"Not even a thank you. Does no one have manners anymore?" I asked.

Dean and I knelt by Glenn. His eyes changed from the unnatural blue back to brown. His fangs disappeared.

He gasped. "What happened? Where am I?" He choked. "Help--Help me." He coughed, blood sputtering from his lips.

"All right, easy, Glenn. Take it easy." Dean said.

He went completely still then.

___

"It's sort of sad, actually." Dean said as he leaned back in the driver seat of the Impala. "Glen had no clue what was going on."

The sun had risen a few hours ago and we all sat outside of Madison's house.

"It was really sad." I agreed, climbing over the seat as I blinked the dreariness from my eyes. I settled into Dean's lap, resting my head on his shoulder and shutting my eyes. I was ready for a nap.

Dean sat up slightly, placing a hand on my back. "Hey, why do you think he turned Madison instead of just killing her?"

"I don't know." Sam said from the passenger seat. "He kind of seemed to have a thing for her."

"Maybe his primal instinct did too." Dean agreed. "Maybe he was looking for a little hot breeding action."

I smacked Dean upside the head. "That is the most vile, disgusting thing you have ever said."

"Yeah. Something like that." Sam nodded his head, agreeing with his brother.

I kicked his arm. "Don't encourage this, Sam."

"So?" Dean asked.

"So what?" Sam looked over.

"Speaking of Madison."

"Oh, whatever." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Don't whatever me. You liked her. Maybe--"

"Dean, she thought I was a stark raving lunatic." Sam stated.

"Don't write her off. Girls are complicated." I stated. "She could very well still like you. Sometimes we like the stark raving lunatic thing."

"Plus, you saved her life." Dean added.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know that." Sam pointed out.

Suddenly there was a knock on the window. Madison leaned down to the passenger window. "You know, for a stakeout, your car's a bit conspicuous."

Sam rolled the window down.

"What are you still doing here?" She asked.

"Honestly? Uh..." Dean began. "We're pretty sure you're not gonna turn tonight, but we gotta be 100 percent. So, you know, we're lurking."

"They are the best lurkers." I told her. "We lurk all the time."

"Look, I know this sounds crazy--" Sam began.

"Sure does." Madison agreed. "Well, if we're gonna wait it out, we might as well do it together."

___