Chapter 19

No Exit 

Dean's POV

I ran through the hall in search of Sam and Si. I rounded a corner, my shoulder hitting Sam's. "He's got Jo." I spit out, turning my eyes to...Sam. "Where's Si?"

"Uh, well, you see, um--" Sam began.

"Sam, where is Saige?"

"I kept an eye on her, I swear. One second she was right behind me, rambling about serial killers, then it went quiet. I turned around and she was gone." Sam says. "How'd he get Jo."

"Damn it." I mutter, turning and taking off down the hall. "I wasn't with her. I left her alone. Damn it!" I pulled out my phone, clicking on Si's contact seeing as Sam said nothing about her phone. Maybe she still had it. It rang and rang, making the worry only grow inside of me. 

"Hey, hey, look we'll find them, alright." Sam tried to assure me. 

"Where?" I snapped as the phone went to voicemail.

"We've been inside the walls all night. None of the other girls are there. They won't be either." 

___

"Look, we need to take a beat and think about this. Maybe we got Holmes' m.o. wrong." Sam says as we walk back into the apartment. A part of me hoped that Si had just ditched Sam and she'd be here waiting. 

She wasn't. 

"Well, we better friggin' think fast." I say. My phone rang, the rock music echoing through the air. I pulled it out, raising it to my ear. "Yeah."

"You lied to me." Ellen says. "She's there."

"Ellen." I greet, sending Sam a look.

"Oh, Ash told me everything. He's a genius, but he folds like a cheap suit. Put my damn daughter on."

"She's gonna have to call you back. She's taking care of...feminine business." I say, shaking my head at myself. 

"Yeah, right. Where is she?" Ellen asked. "Where is she!?"

"Look, we'll get her back." I assure her.

"Get her back? Back from what?"

"The spirit we're hunting, it took her." I explained.

"My God."

"She'll be okay. I promise."

"You promise? That is not the first time I've heard that from a Winchester."

"What?" I asked.

"If anything happens to her..."

"It won't. I won't let it. Ellen, I'm sorry. I really am." I tell her.

"I'm taking the first flight out. I'll be there in a few hours." And with that the call ended. 

I shove my phone back in my pocket. "Damn it!"

"Don't beat yourself up, Dean. There's nothing you could have done." Sam tells me.

I sighed. "Tell me you got something."

"Uh, maybe." Sam pointed to a blueprint. "Look at the layout to the Holmes Murder Castle. There's other torture chambers in the walls, right? But there's one we haven't considered yet, the one in his basement."

"This building doesn't have a basement." I pointed out. "Si talked about it and how stupid it was for like an hour."

"Right, but I just noticed this." Sam says, pointing to the blueprint. "Beneath the foundation, looks like part of an old sewer system."