Chapter 44

Tall Tales

I was seething. There were three thieves I had to live with. Sam had stolen my favorite pen and notebook. Millie took my mascara. Dean has hidden my favorite bra...or lost it. I mean, he was the last one to have it seeing as he was taking it off of me!

Either way, I am super pissed.

Especially since they're all denying it and won't give me my things back.

We all sat in a scrappy motel, trying to figure this case out. Well, some of us were.

I sat in an armchair across the coffee table from Sam, who sat on the couch. Millie was at the kitchen table, playing Solitare. And Dean was sitting on Sam's bed, eating chilli cheese fries as the radio played in the background.

I slammed the book I was reading shut.

"Dude, you mind not eating those on my bed?" Sam asked, rubbing his eyes.

"No, I don't mind." Dean shook his head.

I shook my head while Millie laughed a little. "Dean, you are insufferable."

"You love me, Angel." He flipped through the magazine. "And since when are you on his side?"

"I'm not. I'm just frustrated."

"How's the research going?" Dean asked.

"You know how its going?" Sam replied. "Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer."

Dean smiled sarcastically, nodding his head though he didn't really care. "Mm."

"For the last time, Sam, he didn't take your computer." I scoffed. "My bra on the other hand."

"I didn't take that either, but I'm not complaining that its gone." Dean said.

"Well, Dean's the ass who's blaming Sam and I for slashing his tires." Millie spoke up.

"Says the make-up thief." I quipped.

"I have my own! Why would I take yours?"

"Can you turn that down, please?" Sam asked Dean.

"Yeah, absolutely." Dean turned the radio up louder.

"Your boyfriend is a dick, Saige." Millie said.

"At least I have a boyfriend." I muttered.

"We're the reason she doesn't." Sam argued. "Normal people run for the hills when someone says they saw demons." He looked back at Dean. "You know what? Maybe-Maybe you should just go somewhere for a while, huh? Shove your tongue down Saige's throat because that's all you two seem to do anyway."

"I know right? Its like would you two stop trying to climb inside each other for five seconds." Millie added.

"Hey, I'd love to." Dean cut off the radio. "That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car's screwed to hell."

"I told you Millie and I had nothing to do with--" Sam began, but was cut off by a knock at the door.

Sam stood, going to open the door.

"Dean, I seriously need my bra back." I stood, moving toward him.

"I don't know where it is." He said. "Plus, you have another."

"But I don't like that one."

"Then why do you have it?"

"Because."

"Well, give me my sweatshirt back."

"Okay, I took the gray one but I don't have the navy one." I stated.