Chapter 63

All Hell Breaks Loose Part 1

Saige's pov

"We're looking for iron, silver, salt, any kind of weapon." Sam listed off as we walked through the town. 

"Salt is a weapon?" Jake asked.

"It's a brave new world."

"Well, hopefully there's food in your world because I'm freaking starving." Andy said as we walked up the steps and into a house.

"Oh, I have a few snacks in my jacket." I reached in, digging around. "A granola bar, um, chapstick--can't eat that--uh, a half-eaten bag of beef jerky. Ooh, a swiss roll. Fruit snacks. Oh, wait I also have a whole bag of beef jerky. Cool."

"Why do you carry around all this food?" Andy asked.

"Dean gets hangry." I stated, holding out a pack of fruit snacks. "I also have a mini bag of chips."

___

Dean's pov

Turning into the field where the Roadhouse sat, I seen that it was nothing but ashes left. Only one wall of the building was left standing. "What the hell?" 

I put the car in park, shutting off the engine. I shared a look with Bobby before pushing open the car door and getting out.

Lady hopped out behind me, whining slightly. 

We walked toward what was left of the Roadhouse and the people that were inside of it. Everything was charred. 

"You see Ellen?" I asked. 

"No." Bobby answered from across the rubble. "No Ash either."

That's when I spotted a burnt hand with a familiar watch on it. Ash. "Oh, Ash, damn it."

___

Saige's pov

We were all scattered throughout one house, searching for anything helpful. I was searching a room when I started to feel dizzy. My head swam. 

I saw flashes of Sam lying on the ground, bleeding. Dean running toward...something. I felt an immense pain in my back. Another flash of Andy dying. Lily hanging from a building outside. Jake with a rusty knife in hand.

I stumbled forward, leaning against the wall for support.

I fell to my knees.

"Find your strength." A masculine voice boomed. Trench Coat Man. "You can beat this."

"Here." Shadow Lady appeared before me, laying the knife she'd give me a while ago on the floor before me. It was black with flowers etched into the handle and blade. 

I picked it up, running my thumb over the blade. It was sharp, slicing into my skin and pricking a thin line of blood. 

"Wha--?" I began, but they were both gone. 

"Guy!" Andy yelled. "I found something!"

I tucked the knife into the waistband of my jeans, covering it with my jacket before jogging down the stairs. 

Everyone gathered around Andy who laughed as he held up two burlap bags of salt.

"That's great, Andy." Sam nodded. "Now we all can--" He looked around, confused. "Where's Lily?"

"She's dead." I muttered, once realizing she wasn't with us in the house. "Oh no."

I took off running toward the door. As soon as I stepped outside, I spotted her. She hung from the windmill. I heard a ghostly giggle.