Chapter 13

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

It was dark in the house just like it was outside as we stepped inside.

"Hello?" Dean called out as Sam shut the door. "Neil. Its your grief counselors. We've come to hug."

"I do like hugs." I say.

Dean patted my ass as he walked by. "I know." He pulled out his gun.

"Silver bullets?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, enough to make her rattle like a change purse." Dean replied as we walked further into the house. Once stepping into another room, I notice the dead plants everywhere.

We step into another hallway, stopping by a door that was bolted shut.

Dean shrugged his shoulders. "Unless this is where he keeps his porn..."

Sam gave his brother a look, reaching to unlock the door. He pulled it open. Dean went through first, gun held out in front of him.

I follow him down the stairs and into the basement. There was a bed in one corner and a bunch of other normal basement stuff.

"Sure looks like a zombie pen to me." Dean stated.

"Yeah, an empty one." Sam pointed out. "You think Angela's going after somebody?"

"No, she's out on a date." I say sarcastically.

Dean walked across the room to the loose vent cover. He moved it back. "Nah, I think she went out to rent Beaches."

"Look, smart-ass, she might kill someone." Sam walked over to Dean and I. "We gotta find her, Dean."

"Yeah." Dean sighed. "Alright, she clipped Matt because he was cheating, right?"

"Yeah." I answered.

"Well, it takes two to, you know...have hardcore sex." Dean says.

I blinked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't know. It just seemed that, uh, Angela's roommate was...broken up over Matt's death." Dean continued. "I mean, like, really broken up."

___

Angela held her roommate by the hair, scissors raised about to stab when Dean shot her three times. Angela released her roommate, turning to us. Dean shot again, hitting her in the chest.

Angela ran for the window, jumping out and disappearing into the dark. Dean followed her. Sam moved to console the roommate.

Seconds later, Dean climbed back in the window. "Damn, that dead chick can run."

"So what do we do now?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I say we go have a little chat with Neil." Dean replied.

___

"So the silver bullets, they did something, right?" Sam asked from the backseat of the Impala.

"Yeah, something but not enough. What else you got?" Dean responded.

"Um, okay, besides silver, we have nailing the undead back into their grave beds." Sam explained. "It's mentioned a couple times. Its probably where the vampire-staking lore came from."

"Their grave beds? You serious?"

"No, he's not serious. If you want to kill a zombie, you throw a chicken wing at it." I spoke up.

"Kiss my ass, angel." Dean says. "How the hell are we gonna get Angela back to the cemetery."

"Invite her to a goth tea party and seance." I shrugged.