Chapter 51

Heart

Sam knocked on Madison's apartment door the next morning when the one across the hall opened.

"What's going on?" Glen asked. 

"Police business, Glen." Dean said. 

The door opened. "What is it?" Madison asked. 

"Well, maybe we should talk privately?" Sam suggested. 

___

"Has Kurt been here?" Sam asked as Madison poured us each a cup of coffee.

"Not exactly." 

"What exactly does 'not exactly' mean?" Dean asked.

"Well, he was outside last night. Just looking. Just looking at me. Has he done something?"

"We're not really sure." Sam answered. 

"It's probably nothing." Dean added. "But...we just don't want to take any chances. In fact, one of us should probably stay here with you, just in case he stops by." 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. 

"Where does he work?" Dean asked. 

"He owns a body shop." Madison told him.

"You mind grabbed the address for us?" 

Madison walked out of the kitchen.

"All right. You go, I'll stay." Sam whispered. 

"Forget that. You go after the creepy ex." Dean replied. "I'm gonna hang here with the hot chick. I'll keep Saige and hang out with two hot chicks."

I shook my head. "What has my life become?" 

"Why do you always hang with the girls?" Sam asked. 

"First of all, I haven't since Saige and I got together. Second, because I'm older." Dean stated. 

"No. Screw that. We settle this the old fashioned way." Sam held his his fist. 

Dean set down his cup of coffee, making a fist and resting it in his other palm. 

He pulled scissors and Sam had rock.

"Dean, always with the scissors." Sam gloated. 

"Shut up, shut up. Two out of three." Dean insisted. 

Sam looked at me. "You're letting him do this?"

"I want to see who wins. Sue me." I shrugged. 

Dean pulled scissors again. Sam went with rock. 

"God!" Dean muttered angrily. 

"Bundle up out there, all right?" Sam says. 

"All right, let's go." I grabbed Dean's arm and pulled him toward the door. 

"Hmm." I heard Dean hum from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder. "My eyes are up here, Dean." 

"I'm aware." 

___

"Let me guess. You're sitting on her couch like a stiff trying to think of something to say." Dean said to Sam once he answered the phone. We were walking back to the car from the body shop where Kurt was supposed to be. "He hasn't been at work all week. But because I'm good--and I mean, really good--I got a line of where he might be." 

I slid into the passenger seat as Dean shut his own car door. 

"What's she wearing?" Dean asked Sam, making me smack his arm. He laughed as Sam hung up on him.