Chapter 65

All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2

Dean's pov

I lifted Saige into my arms, cradling her to my chest. I carried her across the road toward the house where I'd moved Sam to. Her head lolled against my arm, her own hung out at her side. 

Once walking inside, I lay her down on the old mattress that was there. Sam was across the room, lying motionless. 

I brushed a strand of hair out of Saige's eyes. "I'm so sorry, angel." I whispered. 

I couldn't get to her in time. I couldn't save her. I let her down.

I let them both down. 

I stared down at her, wondering why she was in nothing but Sam's jacket and covered in blood. I lifted her, peeling the jacket away. It was sticking to her skin. Blood covered my hands as I dropped the jacket to the floor. 

There was a large black and blue bruise on her shoulder and arm.

There was a large pentagram shape carved into her back, blood dried to her skin. 

There was also a bloody bite mark on her wrist.

I gently lay her back down. I pulled a bandanna from my pocket, grabbing a water bottle and pouring it over the fabric. I then start wiping the blood from her skin, away from the wound on her stomach.

I then lifted her back up, cleaning the blood from her back, then her arms and hands until there wasn't a speck of blood on her skin. 

I then shrugged off the flannel I wore, slipping her arms through it and buttoning it up around her. I adjusted the collar, brushing my fingers over her cold skin.

Lady whined, jumping up beside Saige and nudging her hand. 

I picked her up. "I know, I miss her too." I said, running my hand over the dog. "I'm sorry. It's my fault."

I leaned forward, pressing my lips to Si's head. "I am so sorry." 

Lady nudged my arm, curling up in my lap. 

I reached into my jacket pocket, pulling out the small velvet box I'd had for a while now. I popped it open, lifting the necklace out. 

On a silver chain sat a light purple diamond lotus flower pendant.

 It was her favorite flower.  

I flipped it over to see the engraving I had gotten put on it. 

I love you, it read in small letters. 

I clasped it around her neck. 

___

I don't know how long I'd been standing here in the doorway, staring at them, thinking about how bad I'd messed up, about how I let them down, about how I'd failed to save them. 

I'd never felt pain like this. 

It's like my entire world shattered right before my eyes.

The sun was rising now. I set Lady down on the floor finally. 

I heard a door open. "Dean?" Bobby called. I glanced over. "I brought you this back." He lifted a bucket of chicken up before setting it on the table. 

"No, thanks. I'm fine." 

I could hear Si's voice telling me to take care of myself, but it didn't matter anymore. 

"You should eat something." Bobby said from behind me at the table. 

"I said I'm fine." I turned to him, voice harsher than before. I walked to the table, grabbing the bottle of liquor and taking a swig.