Chapter 41

Born Under a Bad Sign

"Hey, Blondie." Dean called to me from the bathroom where I heard the shower running.

"I told you not to bring that nickname back!" I yelled back.

"Get over it and bring me a towel."

I heard the water shut off.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing the towel that hung on the back of the chair.

"Are you two always like this?" Millie asked from her spot on the couch as she flipped through TV channels. "Have either of you seen Sam yet?"

"Uh, no. He's normally up and on a run or getting coffee." I told her before I slipped through the bathroom door. "Here's your towel, dofus."

Dean stepped out of the shower, reaching out.

I gave him a bored look, waving the towel for him to grab. "I don't have all day, buddy."

"Hush, Blondie." He smiled, grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward him.

I stumbled, caught off guard, and landed against him. "Dean." I complained, trying to get out of his arms. "You're getting me all wet."

"That's never been a complaint before." Dean chuckled, lips brushing my neck.

"You know what I meant." I jabbed my elbow into his ribs.

Dean smiled against my skin.

"The whole 'hey, bring me a towel' was a trick." I said, lowering my voice to mock him at one point. "You dirty little liar."

Dean laughed again. "What? Me? I would never lie or trick you."

"So this wasn't your plan the entire time?" I asked, finally caving and turning in his arms to face him.

"Well, if it just so happened to progress afterwards who am I to say no?" He shrugged, a dorky grin on his face.

I blinked. "Millie's watching tv."

"Then we'll be quiet." Dean whispered, leaning in to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, dropping the towel onto the edge of the sink. "You are ridiculous." I murmured between kisses.

Dean pressed me against the wall. "Oh, but you love me."

"Whatever." I pulled him back to me.

___

I dropped my phone onto the table. Sam still wouldn't pick up. Dean was out in town looking for him. Where the hell could he have gone?

"I hope you had fun this morning because I am traumatized." Millie told me. "And now Sam is missing. Are your lives always this chaotic? Plus, my boyfriend broke up with me."

"What? Were we...?" I asked.

"No, no. I'm just saying that I was just told to tell you that you were being hunted and were going to die and you just don't worry and having morning sex in the bathroom? Like what?"

"Yeah, well, you only live once." I shrugged. "That's what Dean says."

She blinked.

____One week later

"Ellen, its me again." Dean said as he paced by the car while we all stood in the rain by the pier. "Any chance you've heard from him?"

"So do you two normally lose Sam or....?" Millie trailed.

"No. Well, this is the second time. Third, if you count when men and Sam were kidnapped in the parking lot of a bar." I told her.

Millie just looked at me for a moment.