Chapter 59

What Is and What Never Should Be

Dean's phone rang.

"Tell him it's Pizza Hut." I said, resting my feet on the dash as Lady curled up beside me.

"Feet off the dashboard, Si." Dean said, putting the phone on speaker.

"There's cops outside." Sam said.

"You think it's for us?" Dean asked.

"I don't know."

"I don't see how. I mean, we ditched the plates, the credit cards." Dean stated.

"They're leaving. False alarm." Sam sighed.

"See? Nothing to worry about." Dean said.

"Yeah, being fugitives is a freaking dance party." I could hear Sam rolling his eyes through the phone.

"Hey, man, chicks dig the danger vibe." Dean said. "Especially good girls like Saige."

I slapped his arm as Sam groaned.

"Can you two not do this?" Sam asked.

"Sorry." I told him.

"So you got anything yet?" Sam asked.

"Are you kidding me? How could I?" Dean asked. "You got me sifting through, like, 50 square miles of real estate here."

"That's where the victims disappeared." Sam stated. 

"I got diddlysquat." Dean said. "What about you?"

"Just one thing. I'm pretty sure of it now." Sam began. "We're hunting a Djinn."

"A freaking genie?" Dean asked.

"Okay, Aladdin, we gonna get a magic carpet ride too?" I asked. 

"You think these suckers can actually grant wishes?" Dean continued.

"I don't know." Sam replied. "I guess if they're powerful enough. But not exactly like Barbra Eden in harem pants. I mean, Djinn have been feeding off people for centuries. They're all over the Koran."

"My God. Barbra Eden was hot, wasn't she?" Dean said absentmindedly. "Way hotter than that Bewitched chick."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"No, he's not." I told Sam. "You should know this by now." 

Dean cleared his throat. "Yeah, so where do the Djinns lair up?"

"Ruins, usually. The bigger, the better. More places to hide." Sam explained. 

Lady yawned, shaking her head and flopping her ears before standing before walking over to Dean and settling down with her head on his leg. "I think I saw a place a couple miles back. I'm gonna check it out."

I smiled a  little. 

"No, no, no. Come pick me up first." Sam told him. 

"No, I'm sure it's nothing. I just wanna take a look around." 

___

"Hey, Si." Dean said as we walked into the old warehouse and out of the thunderstorm that was raging outside.

"What?" I asked as Lady began walking off ahead of us, sniffing around. I knew what he was going to say. 

"I convinced you to have sex in jail." He laughed.

"You'll never let that go, huh?" I asked. "Plus, it was like two weeks ago. Get over it."

"Nope." Dean shook his head.