Chapter 55

Hollywood Babylon

"Run in with a giant fan." Sam stated as we stood around while a bunch of cops took photos of the bloody crime scene. Another crew member died last night. "Same thing happened to an electrician back in '66. Guy named Billy Beard."

"What the hell, dude?" Dean asked as we turned away from set.

"I don't know. It doesn't seem like Elise this time. It' not her m.o." Sam stated. 

"We already torched her. Are we dealing with another ghost?" 

"I hope not. I want to be done with this job." I said. "It's not as fun as I was hoping." 

"Maybe." Sam agreed with Dean.

"Yeah, but these things don't usually tag team." Dean stated. 

___

"Everybody gather around!" The director--whose name I still can't remember--yelled as he got out of his bright yellow car. "Got an announcement to make. Hold that for me." He handed a woman his cup of coffee. "Everyone, huddle in. In light of Jay's accident last night and in cooperation with the authorities, we're shutting down production for a few days."

"I know, I know." He continued as the crowd chattered among themselves. "Look, I'm not gonna lie to you, we've had a few setbacks this week. But we all know what Jay and Brad wanted more than anything, and that was to see Hell Hazers ⅠⅠ: The Reckoning on screens all across America. Now we owe it to them to go on and pull together and make this damn movie, huh?"

Everyone clapped their hands together.

"But-But not--Not today. Go home. Someone will call you."

___

I sat on the leather couch in the trailer as Sam and I watched what had been filmed for Hell Hazers. 

The door snapped open, making Lady bark. 

"Hey." Dean said, walking in. He walked over to the fridge, grabbed a beer. 

"I hate this movie." I sighed as he sat down next to me. 

"So you find out where the electrician's buried?" Sam asked. 

"He wasn't. Billy Beard was cremated." Dean answered.

I groan, leaning into Dean's side. "No."

"Great. Now what?" Sam asked. 

"No idea. Any more ghost cameos in the dailies?" Dean asked, wrapped an arm around me.

"Not in the first six hours." Sam stated. "You know, maybe the spirits are trying to shut down the movie because they think it sucks. Because, I mean, it kind of does." 

We had to watch another take of Tara chanting to 'wake the spirits from the dead' or whatever. 

I have never hated a movie more in my life.

Sam hit rewind.

"No, Sam, why are we going backwards?" I asked.

"Listen to the invocation." Sam said, hitting play. "That's the real deal. A necromantic summoning ritual. What the hell is that doing in a Hollywood movie?"

___

As we walked toward the office of one of the...writers...? of the script, I noticed a woman, peeling the name sticker off the door next to the office we stopped at. It was the last guy who died whose name was being erased. 

"I'm serious. Dude, are you serious?" Marty asked whoever he was on the phone with. "Because  I'm serious. All right, cool." He hung up, turning to us. "Guys, we're all shut down here, what are you still doing here?"