Chapter 67

All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2

Dean's pov

We watched as Jake walked through the cemetery, the Colt in hand. He made his way to the crypt doors. 

"Howdy, Jake." Sam said as we stepped out from behind the large gravestones. He stood across the field from me, as did Saige. Ellen and Bobby were between us.

Jake looked between Si and Sam. "You were both dead. I killed you."

"Yeah? Well, next time finish the job." Sam said.

"I did." Jake snapped. "I cut clean through your spinal cord, man. She bled out before you even got to her. You can't be alive. Neither of you."

"Okay. Just take it real easy there, son." Bobby said. 

"And if I don't?" 

"Wait and see." Sam said. 

"What, you a tough guy all of a sudden? What are you gonna do?" Jake asked. "Kill me?"

"It's a thought."

"You had your chance. You couldn't."

"I won't make that same mistake twice." 

Jake laughed.

"What are you smiling at, you little bitch?" I spoke up.

"Hey, lady, do me a favor." Jake turned his eyes to Ellen. "Put that gun to your head."

Ellen's hand shook as she unwillingly raised the gun to her temple.

"See, that Ava girl was right." Jake began. "Once you give into it, there' all sorts of new Jedi Mind Tricks you can learn."

"Let her go." Sam demanded. 

"Shoot him." Ellen choked out.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Si shift, inching forward. 

"You'll be mopping up skull before you get a shot off." Jake said. "Everybody put your guns down. Except you, sweetheart."

Bobby was the first to put his gun down. I followed. 

Saige glanced over, sighing before dropping hers. 

Sam held his hands up, dropping his gun.

"Okay. Thank you." Jake said.

"You're not welcome." Si muttered. 

I sighed. 

Jake spun around, pulling out the Colt and sliding it into the lock on the crypt door. Bobby and I jumped to pull the gun from Ellen's head as Sam grabbed his. 

Three or four gunshots went off. Jake's body fell to the ground. Sam moved to stand over him. 

"Please." Jake gasped. 

Si moved to Sam's side, setting a hand on his wrist and lowering the gun. 

I moved closer. 

Si knelt to the ground by Jake. She blinked rapidly as if pushing away tears that brimmed her eyes. As she did so, they flickered to the deep purple color. "He said you needed to die." She said softly before placing her hand on his chest.

Her brows furrowed and she shut her eyes tightly as if in pain. 

Jake gasped, unable to pull any air in his lungs. Black smoke pooled around the two until Jake lay motionless. 

Si opened her eyes, pulling her hand back. She sat still for a moment, blinking slowly. 

"Sweetheart?" I asked.