Chapter 43

Born Under a Bad Sign

I walked next to Jo around the docks and pier, looking for Dean or a possessed Sam.

Jo held the flashlight as I called Dean, hoping to hear a ringtone.

"This is Dean, leave a message....And if it's Saige, leave a dirty one."

I rolled my eyes at his voicemail. I tired again as we came to the edge of a dock.

I heard the familiar rock song that was his ringtone. I followed the sound. I spotted a figure at the edge of the water. "No, no, no." I muttered, hanging up.

I knelt by the body. It was in fact Dean. His chest was moving, he wasn't breathing.

"Dean?" I asked, rolling him onto his back.

Jo knelt on his other side. "Dean?"

"Hey, wake up." I patted his cheek.

"Should we do mouth to mouth?" Jo asked.

"How many people do you that takes? Last I checked one." I said. "I vote me because I'm the one who normally--"

He coughed, water spilling from his lips.

"Oh, thank god." I helped him sit up, rubbing his back. His hair was wet and spiked up in every direction.

"Take it easy." Jo told him, patting his arm.

I pulled a hand back to find it covered in blood.

"Where's Sam?" Dean groans.

"I don't know. We've been looking for you." Jo explained.

"Dean, what happened?" I asked as he leaned into me.

"Come on. Get up." Jo instructed.

___

As I walked back into the tavern, I heard Dean grunting.

What the hell?

Oh.

Jo was just cleaning the gunshot wound in his shoulder.

Wow, Deans dirty mind was rubbing off on me.

"Don't be a baby." Jo told him.

"Oh, God." Dean groaned.

A blush rose to my face.

Yep, his dirty mind is definitely rubbing off on me.

I set a clean, dry outfit I'd found in the car on the table by the first aid kit. "I'll take it from here."

"You sure?" Jo held her hands still against Deans bicep.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Jo stood, letting me take her seat. She moved to the bar just a foot behind us. I gave Dean a smile as I slid closer. He took a swig from the liquor bottle.

I grabbed the tweezers. "You should really save some of those sounds for the bedroom, buddy." I whispered, hoping it would lift his spirits a little.

Dean winked at me.

I then got to digging the bullet from his arm.

He groaned a little, hand gripping my arm. "You've got much more gentle hands than someone else." He glared at Jo.

"Hey, I was trying to dig a bullet from your arm." She defended.

"So is she. You're a butcher." Dean says.

"You're welcome."

"Hush, both of you." I said. Dean grunted. "Sorry. I've almost got it. There. Got it." I dropped the bullet into the empty shot glass.