Chapter 2

In My Time Of Dying

Dean's POV

I was following behind Sam as he looked for Saige so they could head to Bobby's. He had called her about five times already and I was beginning to worry. 

I heard a phone ring. Saige.

Sam stopped suddenly, then shoved his phone into his pocket. He knocked on the bathroom door. "Saige? You in there?"

No answer. This can't be good.

"Saige?" Sam asked again. 

"Something's not right, Sam." I say, though I know he can't hear me.

Sam pushed through the door then. 

"Saige..." I mutter, staring down at her bleeding body on the floor. If she dies, I am going to kill her. Maybe she's around here somewhere. "Sam, you have to save her." I say, hoping maybe he'd realize.

Saige's POV

A bright, white light was shining down on me. Am I in heaven? God? Are you there? Then I peel open my eyes and see that I'm staring at the ceiling above me with bright, flickering florescent lights. 

I look around and realize I'm in a hospital. I'm...not dead?

But...I...I'm supposed to be dead right now. 

"You're real stupid, you know?" Sam's voice made me look over.

I groan. "Wha--What?" I asked.

"Suicide? You really just wanted to give up?" Sam asked, stepping in the room. 

"Don't with me right now, Sammy." I muttered. 

I just stared at him blankly when I saw his lips moving, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. 

Suddenly my sight went dark before I was thrown into another vision. I was hovering over everything once more, but this time I saw doctors and nurses surrounding Dean as they tried to revive him and Sam standing at the door, watching helplessly.

Then it all crashed down and I was in my room again. My head began to throb and my chest tightened. 

"And dad is summoning the damn demons! All while Dean is dying!" Sam yelled. I hadn't heard the rest of his rant because of that vision. But the last time only seconds later it came true.

"You need to go check on Dean." I say. "He's dying right now. Go!" 

The sounds of doctors rushing by the door made Sam look over. Then he ran out of the room. 

___

The bad thing was now that the doctors didn't let me die like I want too, I was stuck in this stupid room. I was strapped to the bed because 'I am a danger to myself.'

As if.

I am clearly fine. Well, besides the fact that I have nothing to live for anymore, but...

Sam had stopped by to let me know that they were able to save Dean, which was a relief. 

But still there was nothing I could do. I felt so useless, so stupid. I got my entire family killed all because there was something wrong with me. 

My eyes shot open when I felt a hand on mine. I looked around only to see there was no one in the room.

Great, now I'm going crazy. 

Dean's POV

I stood by Saige's bed, staring down at her as she ran her fingers over the bandage that went from her elbow down to her wrist. I'm so glad that they were able to revive her, but what if it happened again? What if Sam doesn't get there in time?

I can't lose her. 

"Si, you need to snap out of it. I'm not dying, okay?" I say, hoping maybe her psychic abilities will kick in and she'll hear me. "I'm not gonna leave you here alone."

She looked around then, puzzled. 

Maybe she heard me.

She shook her head, bringing her hand up to rub her temples. "God, I'm going insane." She muttered. 

I stepped forward, leaning down to press a kiss to her head. "It's okay, angel. It'll be okay."

Saige's POV

"You know, Saige, you're lucky I was able to lie my way into them letting you walk around the hospital. I want you right by my side at all time, got it?" Sam asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine, Sam. I'm not going to try again."

"Really? Because I can't trust you at the moment. Saige, I care about you, okay?" Sam glanced over at me. "You're like a sister to me. You've always been there for me. I don't want you to give up. And Dean would kill me if I let you." 

"Thanks, Sam." I mumbled. "So what's in the paper bag?" I asked, changing the subject. 

"Oh, uh, you'll see." Sam says as he pushed open the door to Dean's room. He sighed as we stepped inside. "Hey, I think maybe you're around. And if you are, you'll make fun of me for this, but, um, but there's one way we can talk."

Sam pulled out a 'Mystical Talking Board.'

"Sam, he's gonna bully us for this." I say.

"I know." Sam nodded his head as we sat down in the middle of the floor. He pulled the board from its box and set it between us. "Dean? Dean, are you here?" 

I placed my fingers on the planchette as Sam did the same. Of course, I could only use one hand because the other was in a cast. 

Suddenly, I felt something brush against my fingers then the little triangle began to move until the circle was positioned above the word yes. 

"Holy crap." I muttered as Sam laughed. 

"Oh, it's good to hear from you, man. It hasn't been the same without you." Sam says. 

The planchette began to move again.

"Dean? What is it?" I asked.

The triangle move to hover over the letter H, then U, then N, then T.

"Hunt?" Sam asked. "What? Hunting? Are you hunting?" 

It moved back to yes.

"What you're hunting, it's here?" I asked. 

"Do you know what it is?" Sam added. "What is it?"

An R, E, A, P, E, R were the letters it landed on. 

A Reaper.

"Dean...is it after you?" Sam asked. 

The planchette moved to yes.

"No." I whispered, tears brimming my eyes.

"If it's here naturally, there's no way to stop it." Sam stated. "Man, you're, um-- No, no, no, no. There's gotta be a way."

Sam stood and held out a hand for me. I took it, letting him pull me to my feet.

"There's gotta be a way." Sam repeated. "Dad will know what to do."

"Can I--Can I stay here, Sam?" I asked.

"You won't leave this room?" 

"No. You don't have to babysit me. I'm fine." I assure him.

"Okay. I'm trusting you." Sam pointed at me.

___

Sam returned not too long after that. "Hey, so dad wasn't in his room." Sam began, sitting on the other side of Dean's bed. "But I got dad's journal, so who knows? Maybe there's something in here." 

Sam flipped through the journal until he landed on the page about reapers. 

I felt something brush against my waist. I let the odd feeling comfort me because it had to be Dean. It just had to be.