Chapter 17

No Exit

"Los Angeles, California." Dean says as he shut the trunk of the Impala. 

"What's in LA?" Sam asked.

"Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult." Dean replied. 

"Yeah? Girl got a name?"

"Katie Holmes." 

Sam laughed. "That's funny. And for you, so bitchy." 

The sound of something crashing to the floor inside of the roadhouse made me look over. Then the sound of Ellen and Jo yelling at one another started. 

"Whereas on the other hand, catfight." Dean turned, walking toward the door.

"Dean, yelling normally means stay away from that place." I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him away from the building. But he was stubborn and easily pulled him with him instead of the other way around. 

"I am you mother I don't have to be reasonable." Ellen yelled.

"You can't keep me here!" Jo argued.

"Don't you bet on that." 

"What are you gonna do, you gonna chain me up in the basement?" Jo asked.

Sam shut the door behind him. 

"You've had worse ideas than that recently!" Ellen told her. "You don't wanna stay, don't. Go back to school."

"I didn't belong there. I was a freak with a knife collection." Jo screamed.

"Yeah, but getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?" Ellen asked. Jo's eyes flickered to us, making Ellen turn. "Guys, bad time."

"I tried to tell them that." I pointed out. 

"Yes, ma'am." Sam nodded.

"Yeah, we rarely drink before 10 anyway." Dean added. 

"Yeah, and as you can see it's not 10 a.m. yet. So we should go." I laughed nervously.

"Wait." Jo says, walking toward the bar. "I wanna know what they think about this."

"I don't care what they think." Ellen snapped.

A family walked in then. A husband, wife, two toddlers all wearing matching shirts. "Are you guys open?" The husband asked.

"No!" Jo yelled as Ellen yelled the opposite. 

"We'll just check out the Arby's down the road." 

"I think I'm gonna hang out at Arby's with them." I whispered, slowly backing toward the door. 

Dean caught my hand, spinning me back around to him. "Not so fast, dollface."

"Don't call me that." I jabbed my elbow into his ribs. 

The phone rang. Jo and Ellen stared at one another for a moments until Ellen caved and went to answer the phone. 

Jo turned to us, folder in hand. "Three weeks ago, a young girl disappears from a Philadelphia apartment."

Dean glanced down at the file being held out to him. 

"Take it, it won't bite." Jo says.

"No, but your mom might." Dean replied. 

Jo gave him a look. Dean snatched the file from her. "This girl wasn't the first. Over the past 80 years six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blonds."

"Um, well, that sounds like both you and I need to stay away from that building. Not run toward it." I speak up. 

"Really?" Jo asked.