[ Midorima ] - Precious Time

AU(Tokyo Ghoul)

Everyday was considered just another day that you survived from the brutal monsters that inhabited your world. With their human looks, you had to be more cautious with who you associated yourself with. Although...

"Do you want some coffee this morning, (F/N)?" The green-haired teen yawned, taking his thick rimmed glasses of the bedside table.

"Mhm. Thanks, babe." You reply and your boyfriend, Midorima Shintaro, kicks the covers off of himself to get up.

"N-no problem." You decide to lay in bed for a little while longer, enjoying the precious time of not overthinking things. The slim male slides a grey shirt on, not bothering to put on any pants over his frog-printed boxes before heading out of the bedroom to the kitchen.

"..."

"It is done!" Midorima shouts and you get up, not bothering to cover the bare skin that wasn't covered by your (favorite color) lingerie. You stride to the kitchen, feeling the cool air of September hit your smooth skin.

"Coming." You hop onto a stool in the kitchen, wrapping your fingers around the hot mug that emitted a euphoric aroma.

"W-why didn't you put anything on?" The tsundere sputters, covering his beet red face with his hand. "It is cold and y-you'll get sick." He shakes his head, taking off his shirt to hand to you.

"You didn't seem to mind my body last night." You smirk, accepting his offer. It was much larger, but you liked the way it was loose and how it flowed whenever you twirled. Midorima squinted at you before running back to the bedroom to get another shirt for himself.

"..." You took a sip of the coffee, cringing at how bitter it was than usual. The green-haired boy took longer than expected in the room, but you didn't mind. Rather, you opened the cabinet near you to pull out a bottle of red pills, popping a few into your mouth. You had frequent muscle aches since last month, along fatigue. Even last night, when Midorima was scaling your body, he noticed how pale your skin has become. But nonetheless, you didn't think much of it.

"Back." Midorima steps into the kitchen, taking his stance across the counter from you. His eyes divert to the pills, then back at you. "Again?"

"Yeah... My body hurts a lot." You respond screwing the cap on the bottle shut before putting it back up.

"Probably because of this." He drops your diary onto the kitchen counter and your (E/C) eyes widen at the sight of it.

"Where did you find that?" You spit, trying to grab it. Midorima quickly swipes it before you can get a hand on it, opening it to your last entry.

"You're a ghoul. Aren't you?" The green-haired boy sighs, and you look away, unable to stare at his pained expression. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't..." You whimper, dabbing your eyes with the bottom hem of the grey T-shirt. "There are monsters out there, who don't even care. They'll just kill us, with our own body parts." You still look at the light grey wall that hung pictures of your boyfriend and you, praying that it could stay that way forever.

"(F/N). You haven't really eaten in over a month, nanodayo. You'll kill yourself." Midorima wraps his taped fingers around your wrists, forcing you to look at him. "At this rate, you'll kill yourself..."

"You don't understand, babe..." You cry, it pains you even more to stare into his watery emerald eyes that pierced at you. "I don't want to be a ghoul. I don't want to go back to my old ways of reckless killing. I want to be with yo-"

"RAM IT DOWN!" You and Midorima jump at the sound of loud yelling. Only after a few seconds, you find the front door of your house, slammed to the white tiled floor.