[ Akashi ] I love you?

"I love you, Seijuro." You smile, expecting a reply back.

"I know." Akashi replies, returning the smile. You try and hide your disappointment with a fake giggle that sounded too forced. "I must be on my way to the gym, the game will be starting soon." Akashi caresses your cheek one last time, his soft hand lightly running down your face.

"W-wait... Seijuro..." You stammer as you can no longer feel his touch on your cheek. He only raises an eyebrow, his glistening yellow and red eyes staring deep into yours. "Uh..."

"(F/N), I would love to stay here with you, but I must be going. Talk to me after the game, okay?" Akashi breaks the awkward silence that lingered between you two. You nod, once again, plastering a fake grin while he walks away. As he begins to get smaller, the. Out of sight, you turn the other way, dropping the smile into a frown.

-----------------------------------------[ After the Game ]------------------------------------

You were at home, doing your homework in your room. No matter how hard you tried to focus on the paragraphs about Japanese History in front of you, you just couldn't. Your mind was on Akashi, your boyfriend for half a year. He was someone you could confide in, trust, and rely on. Even though it was hard for you to love, he seemed to have stolen your heart and swept you off your feet the first time you met him. It felt natural for you to say 'I love you' to him, but it bothered you that he just couldn't seem to say it back to you.

Beep beep-!

You looked to see where the beeping came from. Your phone lit up, a new message appeared. As you picked it up and and swept your finger across the smooth screen, you find that Akashi had messaged you.

[ Akashi: Hello (F/N). You wanted to talk?" ]

This could be the perfect time to try out the 'I love you.' Maybe Akashi didn't reply with it back because he was in a rush to get to the game earlier today. Yes... That was probably it.

You sighed a breath of relief, you found a reasonable explanation.

[ (F/N): Mh, no. I just wanted to say, our sixth month anniversary is coming up tomorrow... And I love you. ]

You sat there, waiting for Akashi to reply back. You didn't understand why you began to feel knots in your stomach... Why were you so nervous and fidgety? You moved from your computer chair to your bed multiple times, grasping the phone tight in your hands.

Beep beep-!

Yes! You knew Akashi would come through for you. He must have been occupied for awhile, therefore he couldn't answer. Yes, that was it. You looked down, excited to see the reply.

[ Akashi: Is that all? If you do not have anything else, I will be heading to bed soon. Good night (F/N), sweet dreams. And I know."

You waited a good half an hour for that reply. A 'Is that all? Good night.' It seemed like he didn't even acknowledge the 'I love you,' you sent him. You sighed, throwing your phone at your pillow on the bed. That damn Seijuro... You wrapped yourself in your blanket, and headed to sleep.

--------------------------------------------[ Next Morning ]--------------------------------------

"Ugh..." You groaned, waking up to the sun shining in your eyes. Rubbing your eyes, you sat up, recollecting your thoughts from last night. It suddenly hit you. Today was your sixth month anniversary with Akashi Seijuro. "Whatever." You weren't going to go out of your way to dress pretty or try and impress him, besides it wouldn't matter anyways. You got up, washed your face, brushed your teeth, and pulled your (H/C) hair into a loose bun. Looking at your bed, you grabbed your grey sweats and a white T-shirt that was sitting on the bed, slipping it on.