[ Izuki ] - Wait

The room was now sun-stained. The bright yellow wall that reflected its once so-called friend in the early mornings had now been betrayed as the sun faded the color away. It was pale and lifeless in the barely furnished livingroom. Only a couch stood in the middle of the room and around it were loads of unopened boxes. You could see the paint chippings on the musty old carpet. The paint chipped off the wall as if it no longer had any motivation to cling on. Unlike the tainted paint, you clung on. Not to the wall, of course, but to the small fragment of memory that connected you and Izuki Shun to that apartment room.

"It has been years, hasn't it been, Shun?" The words left your mouth, almost as if they flew out on their own. You sharply inhale, breathing in the dusty and nostalgic smell of lavender which was his favorite air freshener smell.

You quickly slip off your light coat and drape it over the beige couch before plopping down onto it. The cushions were still as soft as you remembered, just the way you liked it, especially during movie nights after Izuki came home from his night classes. You made it a habit to sit in the middle with Izuki on your right. You would end up leaning on him, with your head gently rested on his chest. And within an hour into the movie, you'd fall asleep and Izuki would just turn the movie off (since finishing without you was a big no-no) and sleep there with you.

You chuckle to yourself at how he did finish the first movie without you, and you ended up giving him the silent treatment in the morning. Your eyes scoped the room from where you sat,and just so happen to stop at a nearby box with a name written on it with excessive hearts around it.

"Izuki Shun." You whisper under your warm breath as you lean over to pull it closer to you. Getting it was a struggle since your limbs weren't overly long, but after a good two minutes of trying, you decided to get up slightly to grab at it.

Your fingers ran over the box top slowly as if it were going to shatter under your subtle touch. One fold after the other, the box revealed piles of old journals and pictures of the black-haired boy.

It took you awhile to decide whether you wanted to explore it or not, but your heart convinced you that it was fine to. No one would catch you anyways. They were all long gone.

"First date..." You read from the first entry of his journal. "She was so beautiful in her yukata..." That was right, not in the way like you better have been beautiful, but your first date with Izuki was when you two were way back in high school and he took you out to a lantern festival. You wore a light yukata with flowers that hung on your sleeves aesthetically. He won you a gold fish which you named Izuki. But the moment the small fish died, you regretted naming it that because it represented so much more.

You turned the page and a small photo slipped out onto your lap. Your fingers pinched its bent corner as you held it near your face. It was you riding in his old car whose engine never seemed to be quiet. Izuki must have taken this photo of you during your guys' long drive to Tokyo. His hand was on your face, cupping your pink flushed cheeks. The lights in the background only made you remember even more that he took your first kiss that night. Along with something a little more special.

Just thinking about his delicate touch and reassuring words brought a red hue and sheepish smile to your neveraging face. You opened your mouth to whisper his words to yourself and to your surprise, the voice that rehearsed the words wasn't your own.

"Don't worry. I'll go at your pace. If you don't want to do this, we don't have to. I'll wait. I'll be patient just for you, because I love you."

You sat with your eyebrows slightly furrowed. Your body couldn't even move from the shock that the soothing voice had brought to your ears. You could only reply to it with the words you said that night to him.

"It's okay, because it is you I'll persevere. I want to do this with only you, because I love you too." The sentences came out a little broken as you gently placed the photo back into the journal before closing it.

"Is that so?" The same voice lightly laughed, "This place gives off a [nose]staglic feeling." It adds, and you couldn't help but giggle at stupidity of the pun. "Get it? This place smells like-"

"I get it, I do." You reply, cutting the voice off.

"What are you doing here, (F/N)?" It asked, taking footsteps towards you. The steps were firm on the carpet as it muffled the usual clear sound of skin hitting the floor.

"I could ask you the same, Shun." You smiled, turning to look at the familiar face as it sat on the right side of you.

"Do I have to tell you?" The raven-haired male only stared at you back, taking in your subtle features that he so very longed and missed when you went away and left him. It wasn't like you dumped him for another, but you backed out of the relationship because you got scared. He asked for your hand in marriage and you panicked. So you packed your things away and walked out the door, not knowing that you would come back eventually.

"Hm?"

"I was waiting for you." He responds, taking the journal off of your lap. "And you just so happened to come back."

"Because I want to do this with only you." You say, your eyes locked with his.

"I see." His smile is breath-taking. It calmed you down a bit as you waited for more of a response on his part. He only goes to the box and rummages through it. A frown finds itself on your face until he sits up straight and kneels infront of you. "So will you marry me?" Izuki proposes, holding the old diamond ring that he offered you a year ago.

"I will, because I love you."

"I love you too." Izuki slips the silver ring onto your finger before going up to place a soft, yet eager kiss on your lips.

"I'm so glad."