[ Himuro ] - The mind

It was quite late or could you say early(?) Either way it was approximately four in the morning and the Yosen shooting guard couldn't seem to get any shut eye. His long limbs sprawled along the messy blue bed sheets and his blanket seemed to have found its way on the ground. Honestly, Himuro had already given up on the thought of sleeping after having a cup of warm milk, 2 cups of water, and his favorite lullaby (since he was a child) on repeat; he knew that if that didn't work, nothing would.

Today [or do I say yesterday?] was hectic for the guard, maybe that was why he couldn't get any sleep. To his surprise it wasn't because he was having problems with Kagami and his parents, or the fact that his own coach suspended him from playing any games until he worked on controlling his anger. It wasn't even because his grades were dropping due to the amount of stress placed upon him or how his girl friend dumped him [she was only average anyways] by calling him crazy to get with his friend. It was something totally different. Adrenaline still rushed through his veins and his heart didn't seem to slow down. Now usually, most people would be concerned. But Himuro wasn't. He knew the reason why he was feeling this way. It was affection and lust. He was so desperately in love with you.

Now it may seem crazy that a person could get so worked up over something like love. But love is always weird in its strange and unpredictable ways; especially in this scenario. Himuro was in love with you; head over heels even. Yet, he has never even talked to you, let alone seen you in the halls of Yosen until yesterday afternoon.

The teen had been enjoying a good book at a table in the library. He was in his favorite spot, beside the large window that presented a great view of the courtyard. Snow hasn't fallen yet in Akira, so he was able to savor autumn and the bright leaves before they were suppressed under massive snow piles. Anyways, Himuro kept reading his book and occasionally glanced out the window from time to time. Usually the scene would remain the same, except this time there was something [or someone] out there. That was you.

Himuro watched in curiosity as to why a student would be out there without a jacket in the autumn weather. Even though there was no snow yet, it was still cold. But pushing that thought aside, he continued to stare at your back and your (H/L) (H/C) hair blow in the breeze. In your arms was a basketball that you dribbled, then shot. A smile found its way to Himuro's face as the ball swished through the orange rim and white netting on the hoop. The raven-haired teen waited in anticipation for you to turn around, which you did. You ran to retrieve the ball immediately after the shot before returning back to the foul line, facing the window Himuro was looking out of. And from that moment on, you seemed to have unintentionally stole the gentleman's heart.

Could breath-taking even be worthy of describing you? Or maybe perhaps the word perfect was more fitting. Your bright (E/C) eyes locked with his and you curved the corner of your bluish pouty lips up. Himuro was already smiling, so the only thing he could do was smile even wider. He admired your features for only a second before you turned back around. He loved how the brisk air was affecting your skin. Light red hues appeared on your cheeks and the tips of your ears and nose, vividly accenting your beauty even more. He loved the way you wore the uniform. Loosely and freely to your own comfort.

To the male's surprise you turned around again and looked at him. The eye contact was obviously silent, but the way you were smiling with your eyes was more than enough for Himuro to get his things to go out and meet you. The teen quickly gestured one second to you and you nod in response. He shoved his books into his bag as fast as he could before sprinting out of the library to meet up with his dream girl.

[ ... ]

"Hello." Himuro panted, dropping his bag beside the basketball post. "You're really good at shooting." He added as you prepared for another shot.