[ Akashi ] - Worth it

"Yeah! We are finally done high school! Time to celebrate!"

"Alright! No more mandatory school!"

"Party at my place till three in the morning! Everyone is invited."

You let out a giggle towards your classmates at the honorable Rakuzan High in Kyoto. Today marked the last day of your high school years, and your first day as a free young individual. This day was something that you only dreamt about since starting in your first year. It felt as though it would never come, yet here you are; freed from your homeroom at last.

"Thank you for the wonderful three years. I enjoyed serving for all of Rakuzan and I wish the best for Rakuzan and its future upcoming president." You stand beside the red-haired male patiently, allowing him to politely retire from his position he held for all of high school. The principal and teacher adviser wiped their last tears before saying good bye to your boyfriend, wishing the best of luck for him as well; not that he needed it. You watched the two sides depart with a bow before looping arms with the former president. "Well, how do you feel, gorgeous? Finally graduating from Rakuzan?" Akashi smiled, placing a light peck on your pink cheek.

"It feels amazing." You reply with no hesitation. The feeling was beyond amazing. It felt like finally having rain during a drought, or perhaps the bliss of stretching your limbs out after being put in a tight space. Which always felt good. And you were certain that it wasn't only you experiencing this happiness, but everyone else too. The way grins showing teeth flashed on their faces, along with the cheering and hollering. Of course, there were the few cry-babies, but who could blame them? It was a little sad too.

"So where do you plan to go from here, (F/N)?" Akashi asked as you two continued through the halls filled with over-enthusiastic third years. Where were you going to go? What were you going to do? You always dreamt of travelling the world or perhaps moving to North America to study. The possibilities were endless. Fortunately, you were invited on a scholarship to play basketball in Canada which you happily accepted.

"Hm, before I answer, what about you?" The former Rakuzan captain looks at you before facing forward again, letting out a sigh with a smile still on his face. "You already know. I will be attending university and I will become the new head of my family's business." The look in his eyes no longer represented sadness nor anger when he spoke of his future in the Akashi corporation. If anything, he accepted his fate and upcoming responsibility with both hands. "Hopefully with you by my side." Akashi adds, holding your hand as you carefully walk down the front marble steps of the building towards the limo waiting out front.

You slip into the black vehicle, Akashi following in after. "Now, what about you?" The red-haired male asks once again, waiting with patience. It was obvious that he was waiting for the expected answer of going to university here with him while pursuing a highly valued career.

"I..." You frown, making Akashi cock an eyebrow in curiosity.

"What is it?" His tone had changed to uncertainty from cheery, and knowing Akashi, it was useless to try and run from this any longer. "Won't you be attending post-secondary in Kyoto? And..." A dry chuckle escapes his lips as the limo pulls aside in front of your home. His eyes made you cry, the way he looked at you with disbelief. You knew that he needed you, you knew that you were the one of few things that held Akashi together, yet you selfishly decided to leave to Canada. It hurt you, but you couldn't imagine the pain of having a knife plunged in your back. That was what Akashi must have been feeling when you couldn't agree.

"Seijuro..."

"You won't be attending university here in Kyoto, will you?" Akashi didn't even stare in your (E/C) eyes. You heard the driver seat door open, then close as he made his way to your side of the limo, opening the door there.

"I'm sorry Seijuro. I will not." You manage to swallow the large lump in your throat as you step out. Akashi, once again, follows behind you as well. Realizing that his time with you will be cut short to a month from a supposed life time together.

"So where will you be going?"

"Canada."

"I see." You see him wince at your response, realizing how far you will be from him. For god sake, it was out of the country. "Are you happy to be attending school there?" Akashi questions, his red eyes now glued to your eyes.

"It is my dream, Seijuro." The laugh from your mouth differed from before. This one masked sadness, even when you were talking about one of your life goals. "I wanted to go since I was in Junior High. So please..."

"I won't stop you." Your eyes widen at your boyfriend's selfless response as he smiles at you. "You said so yourself, it is your dream. As well as travelling the world from what I remember." Akashi raises his hand and you feel a touch of warmth brush a strand of your (H/L) (H/C) behind your ear. "I don't want to be the one to stop you."

"Seijuro..." You find yourself reciprocating the smile, maybe even the widest smile that has ever existed on your face. "Really?"

"Mhm. I don't tell white lies, (F/N). You know me better than that." Akashi sincerely chuckles, now cupping your cheek. You hold his hand on your cheek, savoring his warm touch.

"But what about you?" You ask, concerned about how he will continue without you physically present by his side.

"I'll be here waiting for you, love." His reply brought tears to your already watery eyes. They weren't sad tears, but more joyful tears that he accepted you and your wishes. "So come back and visit as much as you can."

"I will..."

"Always keep me in your heart."

"Of course, Seijuro."

"And remember when you return, I will be waiting there for you with a bouquet of flowers and a diamond ring in my hands while kneeling before you." You lightly gasp, quickly pulling your boyfriend into a hug which he happily embraces.

"Is that a pre-proposal?" You sob/giggle, you really didn't know whether you were laughing or crying in joy. It was one of those both moments where you looked like a total mess, but you didn't care.

"It is." Another cute chuckle..."Always remember this the most though, even if you get lost in your own adventure in Canada... Please-" Your arms hugged Akashi tighter as his voice broke. Even he couldn't keep his usual poker face during this time. "Please remember that I love you, (F/N). I will always love you. So don't forget me, okay?"

"I will never forget you, ever. I-I love you so much too."

"That's really reassuring, love. I'm really happy right now."

"Me too." You press your lips onto Akashi's lips, kissing him passionately. At this moment, being with Akashi meant more than anything. You wanted to savor your time with him while it lasted because you knew once you were on the plane to Canada, you were limited. Limited to really late night or early in the morning skype chats, time-to-time visits, and emails. It was obvious that you two had a path of struggles ahead, but just having Akashi made it better. And you were sure that he felt that way too, because:

He was worth it, and to him, you were too.

--
A/N: Akashi is life, that is all.

Long distance relationships are the death of me, Kougou-sama//08.14.2015 ♡♡